Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I picked up both reels earlier today at Sportsmans and the Diawa felt better in my hand.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

2. Banned
    just fyi...it might be to late. but I was able to snag a daiwa sv tws for 128!

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiget10 View Post
    I’m all shimano.
    Me too... Dan

4. Member
    I used to use all Shimano. They are awesome reels. I sold all my Shimanos a few years ago and went with all Lews. The Lews just fit me better and are lighter. I have had some that got rough after a lot of use but they have been pretty solid. With that being said, I bought a Tatula SV for jig fishing and I love that reel. It doesn't fit my hand as well, but the reel allows me to skip jigs better than any of my other reels. I bought a Tatula CT and I have not used it enough to form an opinion. I think it all comes down to whatever feels best to you. Both companies make outstanding reels and you can't go wrong with either.

5. Member
    Still love my Shimano's but have started switching to Diawa tatulas. Both make great reels.

I have both and they are great reels. Seems like the Diawas wear out faster than the Shimanos. That's just me though. Can't go wrong either way.

7. Member
    Love my daiwas.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

Been with Shimano approaching 40 years. Started with these paired with pistol grip Lew's Speed Sticks.

Every once in awhile I get an itch to venture out of the Shimano realm and try different reels. Usually I'm disappointed. Last year I picked up a Diawa Tat CT Type R. Mostly throw a Rico with that reel... and I throw a Rico a lot! It's been surprisingly good. So good, in fact, that I got a bunch more via the TW sale. They're not near as smooth as comparable K's but they do cast great. In the wind with a light lure, they're hard to beat in their price range especially now that you can get them at clearance prices. Remains to be seen how they will hold up. For a hundred bucks they're a no-brainer. It's safe now for you guys to go over to TW and buy the rest of them. I'm full up.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234