Thread: RT198 color

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RT198 color

What are your thoughts on a black char RT198?
    there is an 8 week delay in getting a silver one that I want
    this is the only 198 in my area SC.

2. Member
    How much patience due you have, if I wanted a certain color I would be willing to wait and get what I wanted.

3. Banned
    HUGE difference between black and silver! Black shows every little scratch/blemish, and silver show almost nothing!
    I owned a black Alumacraft, and when it was clean, it looked awesome, but when dirty, it looked no so good. I'm VERY anal about my boats, so I really can't tell you how bad scratches looked on mine, because I hardly got any in the three years I owned it.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Yeah this is a personal preference thing. What motor? If they match, there’s nothing sexier than black to me BUT any dirt will show. If you want the boat in a specific color, I’d wait the 8 weeks, of the boat looks good to YOU, it’s your money and ibe seen some nice black boats!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Wait and get the silver one.
    At the end of 8 weeks you will be glad you did.
    If you get the black you will be wishing you would have waited 8 weeks for as long as you have the boat.

6. Banned
    Another choice is shop for a silver one that’s maybe A little farther away. I traveled 1700 miles round trip to pick my boat up. It wasn’t color that made me travel so far, it was price.Saved around $8000!

7. Member
    I like the Charcoal since that's what I bought lol. It does show scratches but looks color matched to certain outboards and really sharp. Don't let the "hot boat" thing deter you from Charcoal. I came from a white boat to this and it really isn't even a big deal at all. The other thing with the Silver RTs is that to me they almost look like an unpainted aluminum boat from a distance. The other colors really look more like a regular glass boat in a way. Either way buy what you like and enjoy it
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

The other problem with the dark colors is they get hot to the touch in the sun. Hot enough to burn you.
    My personal preference is White, primarily for the appearance but also for the heat.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Ok I ordered silver.
    8-10 weeks right in middle tourney time
    my first merc always omc since 1974
    ultrex too
    thanks

10. Member
    My last boat was black and dark grey. The boat I’ve had for two years is white. I think you’ll be glad you waited.

I have a 374v blue and white I bought new in 1993. Great boat. Just want something different. My son has a white RT
    I fish creeks a lot and dirty water rings very hard to remove from glass boat.
    I guess I’ll trade it in and lose about 2 grand. It is so hard to deal with people when selling to those you don’t know.
    I ordered RT without tm cause I just bought an Ultrex.
    so price is a LITTLE lower. $800!! And the lowrance in dash saves only 75$

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BR374 View Post
    Ok I ordered silver.
    ultrex too
    thanks
    Smart to get what you want! You might also get lucky and your boat will come in quicker than the 8 weeks.
    I have a white 198 and i love it, silver would be my second choice

Thanks guys silver being built couple weeks I hope.
    my 374v sold first call
    guy from Alaska!
    i live in sc, he wants it held to 10/2020!
    he mailed check today which I’ll make sure clears. I’ll hold titles till he gets it. He is ok with that
    he paid in full and cash check
    he moving to miss. In oct.

Got word yesterday Silver not option for 198. So, since my son has a white one, the new color is carbon metallic.
    The boat goes into the paint booth today. So, hopefully my last 10 weeks of waiting will end next week.
    I hope the other parts and motor are staged. I don’t know how long it stays in paint booth from paint to curing.

15. Member
    If you don't wait for the right color you will never be happy your spending alot of money, wait!

I had a black Crestliner VT19. black really looks nice, but you will be forever touching it up. shows every little scratch. traded it for a white PT18 and all is well. probably just as many scratches but I can't see them. go with the silver.

17. Member
    Good luck. That carbon metallic looks great, i think you'll be happy

18. Member
    congrats and good luck with the new boat
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

Quote Originally Posted by BR374 View Post
    Ok I ordered silver.
    ultrex too
    thanks
    if youre an omc man why not get the G2 that is an option on there? if that merc even hiccups you'll be cussing it.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

I have no idea why the Mercury is choice this on my 14 th bass boat since 1974.
    My son just got a white 198 with G2. We fish all the team events here together.
    G2 is a fine engine.
    if I don’t like first merc. I’ll get an OMC.
    Very good observation there Alli.
    Hope my 198 paint job was a success yesterday.
    Its 2:32am! Im up talking about dang boats, I LOVE BASS FISHING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast