Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Strike 5: The fishing-for-money tournament angler should've had the restaurant deliver to them so they wouldn't have to turn around.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

2. Member
    People like that not only give tournament anglers a bad name but bass fisherman in general. Go around and talk to the pleasure boaters, bank fisherman, and recreational fisherman and they all will have a bias against bass boats and bass fisherman. This is just an example as to why. Almost every Tournament around here always has a few guys who act like they are elites or tour pros and expect the world to cater to them so they can go home to their wives and justify spending 100,000 on a truck and boat to win $200 a year. Best thing is to just abound the confrontation, and show people respect. If the people were swimming, shouldn’t even have been in the area anyways
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    I would have dropped the P Poles and fished the place clean (don't have ppoles), I mean look at the fish they found, you know how hard that is to find a spot with those size lunkers, LOL,, my god, I would not even pull into a section of the lake with all that commotion, but then again their are some out there that wouldn't think twice to do it. Sad
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    There’s a sign all by itself next to a ramp I go to a lot p; it says

All People Will Judge Airboaters By The Actions Of One.

Seems to be a good way to think about all of our actions...the angler was a dB!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    People like that not only give tournament anglers a bad name but bass fisherman in general. Go around and talk to the pleasure boaters, bank fisherman, and recreational fisherman and they all will have a bias against bass boats and bass fisherman. This is just an example as to why. Almost every Tournament around here always has a few guys who act like they are elites or tour pros and expect the world to cater to them so they can go home to their wives and justify spending 100,000 on a truck and boat to win $200 a year. Best thing is to just abound the confrontation, and show people respect. If the people were swimming, shouldn’t even have been in the area anyways
    That statement probably has more truth to it than about any other post on this site period!

6. #FRB
    It's hard to leave a spot when you're on fish but everyone should make it a priority to be a good ambassador for the rest of the group. The best way to avoid a confrontation is to never put yourself in a position where there might be one in the first place.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

I'm speachless...

8. Member
    He best grow up before some gives him an ass kicking I just don't think a mature person would have done this

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    After watching it again...this kid needs a mentor. He seems like he can fish, his buddy not so much but that could be the editing. He’s wasn’t in a huge, high dollar boat so I will ASSume he works for at least some of his stuff.

Looking at how the boat was(n’t) organized and how he flipped the bass around like they were wearing body armor makes me think he simply doesn’t know any better.

I wasn’t taught the right way to treat people on the water; my dad was...well he wasn’t the best role model and it embarrassed me.

Whether HE thought the kids shouldn’t be scared, Who Cares! They were, they are kids! Have just a little respect and realize that our lakes are used by many people for many purposes.

It was a camp camp for kids for Pete’s sake! I’m not going to go fish a dock when a family is having a bbq on it and some kids are bobber fishing. Could I? Sure, but I’d be a db for doing it and would make all those people mad at “those bass fisherman that ding up my boat”

How many of you guys left a comment? I’m sure he’d love to know we are talking about him...
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    He best grow up before some gives him an ass kicking I just don't think a mature person would have done this
    Neither would a mature person suggest an ass kicking for fishing in public waters.

11. Member
    I fish a lake with a girls out camp on it. I would never have that as my go to spot unless i could get there first thing and leave before they start there water activities!
    Bad planning and rude. IMO
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

12. Member
    Autographed sleeves? Lol. Why's the trolling motor up so high? When someone swimming asks me if I'm catching any. Fish? No. Just big ass snakes.

13. robdy72
    Yea, they were way too close to those kids swimming.

I just want to know if he wore the jersey in the donut shop. His fan base (mommy) must be so proud of his accomplishments.. Kook

15. Member
    Giving all fisherpeople (dont want to offend anyone by using fishermen) a bad name.
    Praying for a Cure

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Autographed sleeves? Lol. Why's the trolling motor up so high? When someone swimming asks me if I'm catching any. Fish? No. Just big ass snakes.
    Good one. I personally would never fish where people are swimming, and also try to give the bank fisherman a lot of room. Theres a lot of lake to fish that no one else is using. But then again I enjoy the solitude a lot when I am out.

Full TOURNAMENT mode.... Could care less of anything else... I'm sorry but Tournament anglers lose my respect most think they belong where they are over you being there..I had 2 guys different boats in a group called Rod benders approach me while fishing a rip rap wall .. the first one just came off plane and dropped his troller right in front of me he turned to me and said... Immo just fish this to the bridge real quick I said I was too... He said but I'm in a tournament..WTF? I packed up and left after a few choice words.. Next I was fishing bridge pilings and a boat "Again" those bright azzed Rod benders shirts.. blew straight thru a no wake sending me and my buddy into a further of waves. I reeled up and proceeded to chase him down he blew thru another bridge no wake zone I persued him all the way to the ramp.. And among all those Bright azzed Yellow shirts I asked Mr Rod Bender what gives him the right to disobey laws and others safety?? He said We're in A Tournament man!!! So I emailed our D NR and our Resource officer as well as the president of Rod Benders Assoc. And gave them the vessel #s I'm sure they did nothing...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Give the swimmer folks some room for goodness sake. Freaking doofuses. Exactly why tourney anglers get a bad rap.
    Exactly. Dude fishing is a jack @$$.

19. Member
    I just watched the video after reading the comments.

If that many people were in the water, I wouldn’t have even fished that close to them tournament or not.

He talks about boater etiquette and then does that...

Guess he was out of 1oz jigs and big crankbaits.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast