Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Give the swimmer folks some room for goodness sake. Freaking doofuses. Exactly why tourney anglers get a bad rap.
    I agree!! Thats just as bad as someone pulling up in front of someone fishing off the bank!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    So the big money guys can get away with more? Fishing is fishing whether its a weekend fun trip or the classic, I wouldn't give up my spot for either one, I will share though.
    Just my opinion...but the big money guys have better judgement and would never rely on a camp beach spot for a tourney..especially during the time of year when its likely to be blown out by ski boats, jet skiis, and swimmers....lets be realistic here.

3. Member
    Along with what has been said a little over the top drama to help get the clicks and views non YouTube for $

4. Banned
    Just my opinion...but the big money guys have better judgement and would never rely on a camp beach spot for a tourney..especially during the time of year when its likely to be blown out by ski boats, jet skiis, and swimmers....lets be realistic here.
    Maybe, it just came across that it would be more justified if more money was on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by 354ranger View Post
    Sad situation, looks like an "entitled" brat. After all he was "fishing for money". He should look at how he acted and put himself in their shoes.
    Exactly...move on and fish somewhere else. Give tournament anglers a stain when morons act like this.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    I would have went wide of the swimmers and trolled on past the spot where the boat was turning around.

X2 if my partner would have pulled what this guy did he would've been gettin chewed out from me and the swimmers.....
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

7. Scraps
    The angler is immature. I almost think the televised pro footage and YT stuff glamorizes these confrontations and some immature anglers almost feel compelled to act dooshbaggish when "fishing for money." Except for the "fishing for money" line everything sounded ok if not scripted. Maybe some of the film was cut out, but I thought the skiers were in the wrong and the prissy little b............needs a slap. Did I say that.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. huskyjerk
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Exactly...move on and fish somewhere else. Give tournament anglers a stain when morons act like this.
    I agree...It's one thing to stand up for your rights, but his guy comes across as a jerk.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    I agree...It's one thing to stand up for your rights, but his guy comes across as a jerk.
    Did you think the camp people were jerks?

10. huskyjerk
    Did you think the camp people were jerks?
    I think the one's driving the ski boats were out of line. I just think the lady made a reasonable request, considering how close he was fishing to the swimmers. I would never fish that close...

11. Member
    Give the swimmer folks some room for goodness sake. Freaking doofuses. Exactly why tourney anglers get a bad rap.
    Yep. I’ve seen plenty of tournament fishermen act like complete d bags and act like they own the river. I know they’re not well thought of by many on the upper Mississippi. It’s a few bad eggs that give most of the guys a bad rap.

12. Banned
    I think the one's driving the ski boats were out of line. I just think the lady made a reasonable request, considering how close he was fishing to the swimmers. I would never fish that close...

13. huskyjerk
    So the big money guys can get away with more? Fishing is fishing whether its a weekend fun trip or the classic, I wouldn't give up my spot for either one, I will share though.
    No the big money guys probably get away with less since they often have cameras on them and they are in easily identifiable wrapped boats.

Move on. Looked like he circled back and fished the spot again. Jerk move if so, and a little creepy. Move on, and stop staring at the little hotties in the bikinis. You can continue catching the occasional dink somewhere else.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Banned
    I didn't see anything wrong. He was obviously on fish. He was using the water...they were using adjacent water. Neither came in contact with the other. The ski boats running so close to the kids swimming concerned me tons more than his fishing in an area adjacent to them.

I remember fishing a T on Neely Henry, worming a hump close to a channel that was about 3 ft deep on top and pulling spots off of it. Couple of teens swam out from a nearby dock to it and stood on it. I kept fishing and hooked one. The girl asked the guy where did l catch that fish. He pointed down and said right here. She made a beeline to the shore as he laughed his ass off. Didn't bother me that they came into my fishing area and it didn't bother them that l was fishing in their swimming area.

Adults gonna be adulting.

16. Member
    What I thought was funny was the spoonbill that owned the boat forgot to take his motor toter off the motor
    Hi Mike.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    What I thought was funny was the spoonbill that owned the boat forgot to take his motor toter off the motor
    Three strikes on these guys 1) the forgot to take the transom saver off 2)he said he caught the first fish on a spook when it was a popper 3) the guys wearing socks with his sliders. Total d bags that give the good guys a bad rap.

18. huskyjerk
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Three strikes on these guys 1) the forgot to take the transom saver off 2)he said he caught the first fish on a spook when it was a popper 3) the guys wearing socks with his sliders. Total d bags that give the good guys a bad rap.
    He does have a sweet jersey though....

19. Member
    He does have a sweet jersey though....
    Yeah make that stroke 4

20. Member
    Start up the big motorCould get away from them faster

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast