Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    The Hitena Super Cast Pureline is super noisy. At least out of the box it is. Have only been out with it once so far but if it doesn’t get better it will have to come off. I don’t care about fish but the line noise drives me crazy. I have the 42# in white. 12 strand. .260 mm. I think it’s the coating that makes it so noisy.

Might have to try their Silky just for the heck of it.
    That's really, really surprising! It almost has to be the coating. Like I mentioned above, I ended up with a ~70 yard "sample" of the Silky and it's by far the smoothest I've ever seen. It's even smoother than Gliss and Nanofil. It feels like...well silk I guess. I feel a little guilty suggesting the Pureline now.

One thing you can maybe take advantage of is that they have a 'no questions asked' return policy if you're not happy. I've gotten to know the guy a little bit just asking about new products and such, and I'm confident he'd stand behind it. Hell, he'd probably even send you a spool of the Silky if you said you wanted to try it instead since you bought the Pureline and aren't happy with it. He's a guy who got really wealthy in some other line of business doing some really specialized manufacturing overseas (I think it was something to do with the aerospace industry, I believe in South Korea) and has created the fishing company as a sort of fun/new thing to do. I don't think it hurts that a lot of the stuff he manufactures as part of his other business can be translated directly to fishing. Either way, that it's not smooth is a shock to me!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

I was surprised, too. I have it on my chatterbait setup... ALX Toadface/Bantam MGL. I'm still hoping it will quiet down with more use, although it's not looking like that's gonna happen. Maybe I'll look into returning it for the Silky.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

I loaded up some Samurai 55lb last weekend, it was super quiet compared to FX2. Nice and slick too, makes FX2 feel like rope. I'll probably grab some 70 for the Punch setup.

4. Member
    Agreed. It's the only braid I use these days. Gary at the tackle trap recommended it to me years ago, and it's all I've used since. Way softer and quiter than any sunline, power pro, suffix I've used. Super slick 8 is probably 2nd quietest I've used.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat2012 View Post
    Daiwa Sumurai is no doubt the best, quietest I’ve ever used. Pricey but braid lasts so long I don’t mind

5. Member
    Here's my $0.02.

If quite is that important, don't use braid.

Regardless of which one you select, it will never be as quite as fluoro on mono.

Live with the noise, or don't use braid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123