Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quiet flipping braid

Looking to buy some heavy flipping braid for Texas and Florida. I’ve used PowerPro #65 but found it to be noisy. What say y’all?
    On a related subject, what about flipping flooded bushes with braid instead of flour/mono? I’m concerned about the stealthiness.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I flip with 65lb Suffix 832. In grass I do find that sawing sound to bother me but I’m still catching fish...drewflew has some good opinions in this.

As for pads, wood, etc I have NO issue with the braid, it’s just in grass...Drew has written a few opinions on this issue in this forum. His posts make a lot of sense!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    P-line TCB 8, LOVE this line and its very quiet.

4. Member
    you say drewflew is the burning bush? Can you post a link? I'm not seeing where. THx

I would say Daiwa Samurai braid

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post9825196

I think I derailed the conversation and Drew gave his input. I really hope this is the right thread!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Member
    Thanks for all the good gouge.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Drew is a good guy and if you PM him he will expound on anything you ask, he has helped me the on so many things! Chances are he will chime in here as well.

9. Member
    Spiderwire Stealth and Trilene Braid is among the quietest I've used.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    X2

11. Member
    When flipping the line is pretty slack as you feed the slack from your hand. The only time the line i under tension is on the hookset.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    I've been through several brands of braid before going to the Daiwa Samurai.. I've found nothing on the market thus far that's softer or more quite for flipping grass or punching mats..You get zero noise through the rod eyes or from the braid rubbing on vegetation.. Punching mats for us Florida guys is our bread and butter for big parts of the year and the Samurai will definitely get you a few more bites..

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    I've been through several brands of braid before going to the Daiwa Samurai.. I've found nothing on the market thus far that's softer or more quite for flipping grass or punching mats..You get zero noise through the rod eyes or from the braid rubbing on vegetation.. Punching mats for us Florida guys is our bread and butter for big parts of the year and the Samurai will definitely get you a few more bites..
    What lb test do you use?

14. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Daiwa Sumurai is no doubt the best, quietest I’ve ever used. Pricey but braid lasts so long I don’t mind
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

15. Member
    Stealth, noise?? You have a TM running,, or worst off,, turning it off and on. Usually a partner doing who knows what back there. We tend to over think things. Find a line that wont break and just go fishing. If the fish is in, or close cover your not going to spook it

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I do habe the Daiwa Samurai on 2 rods because Dicks was selling it at 50% off! The 30lb is much more silky smooth than my go to Suffix 832...I like it.

I flip with 65lb and pitch with either 30 or 50.

17. Banned
    Has anyone compared jbraid grand to samurai?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Stealth, noise?? You have a TM running,, or worst off,, turning it off and on. Usually a partner doing who knows what back there. We tend to over think things. Find a line that wont break and just go fishing. If the fish is in, or close cover your not going to spook it
    I personally believe 100% a fish is going to react to things differently that are 20ft away compared to something that is less than a foot from what they're about to eat, and that noise directly coincides with the movement of what they are going to eat. I guess I'm always with the mindset of, if there just might be an advantage, but could in no way be a disadvantage, do it. This is one of those situations IMO.

19. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabby View Post
    Has anyone compared jbraid grand to samurai?
    I have. Samurai is much better
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

20. Member
    I use Fins 40g braid it is dead silent through the guides and AMAZING!!! It aint cheap though!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast