Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Did I read that right?.....

30k people died of overdoses of this drug in a year?

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...ion#gs.E6ww=BU

2. Member
    Fentanyl has killed a lot here in WV. I think it comes from China. And China does not regulate it at all.

3. Member
    Fentanyl is killing a lot of people in all states one bad drug!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunna View Post
    Fentanyl is killing a lot of people in all states one bad drug!

5. Member
    There are so many drugs and chemicals that can and do kill people. Its not just opioids. People are even houghing refrigerant to the point our new mechanical codes require installing tamper proof caps on refrigerant access points. Saying drugs kill people is like saying spoons are making people fat. I don't have an answer for all his lunacy.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." RONALD REAGAN
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

6. Member
    Just think, every time one of these people die from overdoses, the I.Q. level goes up,sometimes very marginally.
    I know I'm bad for saying this but really isn't it the TRUTH.
    You just can't fix STUPID.

7. Member
    Heard somewhere that the President is trying to get China to regulate it. Not up to date on subject but this sounds like a start if true.

8. Member
    I have always wondered when they quote these HIGH numbers what % of the deaths are from street drugs. I know that they claim its opioids for all the deaths so it should be broken down to show this % is fentanyl , this % is heroin, this % is prescription drug. I know that they claim all the these problems started with prescription drugs and people got hooked on them then when thy could not afford them they moved to all the street drugs. Most of these drugs come from Mexico and other countries and pill mill (pain clinics) so they should be cracken down at all borders and close down the pill mills that will give you a hand full of this and a hand full of that. There is no need for a person to get 4 or 5 different pain medicine at one time. We the average people get punished for all the dope heads just like it was for antihistamines that are behind the counter because of the meth.

9. Member
    Don't worry ... for profit medicine has it covered.

Because free medicine would stop drug abuse

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Yea let's blame insurance companies and doctors instead of the weakless, selfish addicts.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fishlips View Post
    I have always wondered when they quote these HIGH numbers what % of the deaths are from street drugs. I know that they claim its opioids for all the deaths so it should be broken down to show this % is fentanyl , this % is heroin, this % is prescription drug. I know that they claim all the these problems started with prescription drugs and people got hooked on them then when thy could not afford them they moved to all the street drugs. Most of these drugs come from Mexico and other countries and pill mill (pain clinics) so they should be cracken down at all borders and close down the pill mills that will give you a hand full of this and a hand full of that. There is no need for a person to get 4 or 5 different pain medicine at one time. We the average people get punished for all the dope heads just like it was for antihistamines that are behind the counter because of the meth.
    The article says deaths linked to Fentanyl 29,400. That is what shocked me. If that's true, forget gun violence. I think around 12k gun homicides per year are committed.

13. Member
    Average life span of americans has dropped because of overdoses. First time it has dropped in years. Thats a sad and scary thought.

14. Banned
    75% of heroin addicts got their first opiate from a doctor. Once you're hooked, stopping is no trivial matter of will power. Opiate addiction a public health crisis, not a public morals crisis. The lack of compassion that some people have is mind-boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggen View Post
    75% of heroin addicts got their first opiate from a doctor.
    Do you have a cite for that statistic?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Why is it that your solution to problems, is to sarcastically point out other problems?

75% of heroin addicts got their first opiate from a doctor. Once you're hooked, stopping is no trivial matter of will power. Opiate addiction a public health crisis, not a public morals crisis. The lack of compassion that some people have is mind-boggling.
    I have compassion for people that are ill or fall into hard times through no fault of their own. ADULTS that use this stuff knowing full well the dangers of it, nah.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Do you have a cite for that statistic?
    https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...tor-heroin-use

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Why is it that your solution to problems, is to sarcastically point out other problems?
    There's absolutely, positively NO sarcasm in my statement. Go do a little research or even get out a little more.
    Hopefully, you'd be very disappointed to know the truth about drug addiction in America, including tobacco and alcohol.
    There's not much profit in a healthy lifestyle. Plenty in those Big Macs, Oxycontin pills, bar tabs, doctor visits, etc.

20. Member
    As has already been pointed out, there may be some abuse of stats in the article since there's no breakdown of deaths due to abuse vs being administered under medical supervision. It is a powerful pain reliever that depresses the heart and breathing rates. Combine it with other medications and it can turn ugly very quickly even in a hospital setting.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast