What tires is Ranger putting on the Challenger Black crome 17" upgrade wheels?

Just wondering if I could get one of you with the Challenger Black crome 17" upgrade wheels to get us the dirty details of the tires, sizes, make, model, load range? Time for new sneakers and may as well upgrade...

Fish ON!!!
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Kenda M&S 215/65/R17. 1664 pounds.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Kenda M&S 215/65/R17. 1664 pounds.
    Thank you jc, appreciate it! That's a little too light for my s/a trailer....

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Yeah, I’m no tire expert, but wonder whether the low-profile tires in general are a good idea on a single axle. With a dual, the load is distributed over 4 tires (obviously) when you hit a pothole.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Yeah, I’m no tire expert, but wonder whether the low-profile tires in general are a good idea on a single axle. With a dual, the load is distributed over 4 tires (obviously) when you hit a pothole.
    long as you find a tire with a load range very close to what your original tire is rated at there is no difference.. been running 17's on my single axle for 2 seasons now no issue.

6. Member
    I tend to agree too, so if at all possible I'm going to avoid 18" wheels, however, I do believe 17" wheels still allow plenty of sidewall for shock absorption, esp if you have the load capacity and air pressure to back it. Ranger is very conservative, and they run 17's.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    long as you find a tire with a load range very close to what your original tire is rated at there is no difference.. been running 17's on my single axle for 2 seasons now no issue.
    That's what I was looking to hear. What size, brand and model radial tires did you find in 17" @kandkkustomzhydrographics with a high load rating? I'd love to find 1,900+ lbs...