Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR View Post
    I'm staying at our house on watts bar. Need to plan where I'm putting in at to spectate.
    Put in at the ramp at Loudon dam where Loudon and Tellico are connected by a canal, then run upstream or wait for someone to come by going to Tellico for the brown fish.

2. Member
    We just booked a house 7 minutes from the expo on air B&B for half the cost of those hotels

3. Member
    I agree, some of the hotels were priced really high!

4. Member
    I am planning on going as I have never been to a Classic, if you could go only on one day which day would you choose to get the most out of it?

5. Member
    Look around exit 398, it's still pretty close to Knoxville and prices should be better. Also some good restaurants and close to the Bass Pro at exit 407. Check VRBO also. Stay away from Magnolia Ave and Cherry St, probably the highest crime areas in Knoxville.

Here's a link for lodging around exit 398
    https://www.hotels-rates.com/poi/us-...ille-7450.html

6. Member
    "I am planning on going as I have never been to a Classic, if you could go only on one day which day would you choose to get the most out of it?"

Donniec I would try Friday it is great because it has the smallest crowd. Saturday and Sunday will be packed.

7. Member
    Thanks, I will be there on Friday.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donniec View Post
    I am planning on going as I have never been to a Classic, if you could go only on one day which day would you choose to get the most out of it?
    I went last year first time. More pros will be available Sunday from not making cut. Friday less people there
    Last edited by kingfisher42; 01-22-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

I plan to go to the Expo Saturday and to the weigh in Saturday. Got a hotel with an indoor pool for my son. Get up and watch the final day take off. Head back to Indiana and watch live while the wife drives...

10. Member
    I'm looking at a room at hotel knoxville. I may not be able to get it but am comparing it to the cedar bluff hotels mentioned earlier. Anyone have any input? Hotel knoxville is undergoing renovation but bassmaster website says its headquarters? Only staying friday and sat and its a $170 difference. What will parking be like if I drive every morning to the launch?
    Last edited by kickinbass22; 02-06-2019 at 04:03 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickinbass22 View Post
    I'm looking at a room at hotel knoxville. I may not be able to get it but am comparing it to the cedar bluff hotels mentioned earlier. Anyone have any input? Hotel knoxville is undergoing renovation but bassmaster website says its headquarters? Only staying friday and sat and its a $170 difference. What will parking be like if I drive every morning to the launch?
    Website says booked. Did you call? I'd like to stay downtown.

12. Member
    Yeah it says booked now.. probably was all along but it had a tab to book the room I was looking at for mar 15-17. Usually they dont show if not available

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12