Thread: Harris chain

Banned

Harris chain

Has anyone had any luck lately flipping the thick grass Matts on Harris ? Thought maybe they might move to it pretty thick now to stay warm.

Every time that I go out there and fish them I don't have any luck...but they say that's where they are catchin' em

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    I've caught all my decent fish in the really deep grass or over the top of the intermediate submerged grass.

4. Banned
    Is it worth flipping the mats in the early am? Or wait till the suns over our heads?

5. Member
    I thought about flipping those hydrilla mats as well. But now I'm wondering if there will be any hydrilla mats left after the spraying this week
    Brad Krone

6. Banned
    Yeah this spraying is getting bad. Last time I was out of the offshore mats I was able to get 19 lbs but it was a grind. Had 7 bites all day. I fished the Mats for a solid 6 hours. Fished outside and deep inside the mat as well. But that was a few weeks ago. I also thought some of the fished moved up a tad since waters cooled off. But now who knows. Weather is not stable and water was 58 the other day haha