Trying to decide, which of these 2 for chatter baits

I've been looking for a longer Mod/fast rod with a bit heavier power rating for ripping chatter baits in grass.The Evergreen Hercules Leopard is a little(lot) more than I want to spend.
    2 of the rods I'm currently looking at are the Powell Endurance 755 cb and the Okuma Helios 7'6" mod fast/fast. Anyone have experience with either of these two fishing grass be it a Chatter bait or crank bait ?

I did handle the Powell today at Cabela's.It's rated 1/4oz-1oz. but it seemed to have more power than that.Hard to tell without actually using it I guess.
    Last edited by jiggerjake; 12-12-2018 at 08:46 PM.

2. Member
    I fish a jackhammer in grass with a curado 7’4” composite cranking rod, best rod I’ve used for chatterbait style baits to date for the price. It has a good parabolic action that will loads up when in the grass but doesn’t move the bait a lot horizontally when it breaks free from the grass.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turtdogg View Post
    I fish a jackhammer in grass with a curado 7’4” composite cranking rod, best rod I’ve used for chatterbait style baits to date for the price. It has a good parabolic action that will loads up when in the grass but doesn’t move the bait a lot horizontally when it breaks free from the grass.
    What you said!

4. Member
    The curado 7'4 crank rod is a good Chatterbait rod, as is the tatula elite MH regular action rod. My favorite is the gen 1 envy black 7'4 crank rod. The best Chatterbait rod I've ever used. Hopefully the gen 2 envy black crank rods are just as good

5. Member
    Check out the ARK Randall Tharp series rods especially the B-Hite model. It’s specifically made for chatterbaits. Wired2Fish recently did a review on it
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    These posts typically turn in to a lot of suggestions, so I'll throw another into the mix. Kistler Helium 3 H in either 7' or 7'-3". I use the 7' model as my own preference in rod length.

http://www.kistlerrods.com/store/fis...l#.XBKn52hKiiM

I went through a few rods before settling on this... in my eyes it's perfect. Great backbone to set the hooks and rip from grass, but plenty soft tip to make accurate and effortless casts. The H3 H is a true gem, very versatile... and right now can be had for a discount... last week, could have been had for even less.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

7. Member
    Thanks all for the suggestions.slipbobber bot,the Envy gen 2 has the specs I'm looking for.Maybe wait till some reviews are out on it.

ECobb91, The ARK also looks interesting,I would have to handle one first I think.It has a pretty wide range rated at 1/8oz-11/2oz. I'll check out WTF's review.