4 stroke rude help

Hey guys I looking at a boat with 2018 rude with 13 hrs I don’t know a soul that owns one so I gotta lean on the bbc community. What should I know good and bad And he says it has 9 years of warranty with nothing to do til 300hr. Can u guys get me up to speed thx

2. Member
    Don’t Think you are going to get much help with this as Evinrude doesn’t make 4 Strokes?
    Pool 10

3. Member
    See. Now u know for sure I know nothing about the evinude motor.

4. Member
    Ordered a new 90 Etec waiting for it to come in! Have owned a couple other Etecs and Johnson 2 strokes over the years.
    Also had my fair share of 4 strokes. Reason I am repowering to a new Etec is I could still get the 7 year warranty. They say no
    break in period but I plan to run it through a standard break in regardless, dont see a reason not to. I am very bias here as I have ran Yammies, Mercs, Rudes etc. Everyone I have owned has treated me well with no complaints.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cp3434 View Post
    Hey guys I looking at a boat with 2018 rude with 13 hrs I don’t know a soul that owns one so I gotta lean on the bbc community.
    Do Whut? See the top banner on this forum and post a model number. Clearly you are talking about an E-Tec G2 but nobody is a mind reader here.

6. Member
    could it be a small Evinrude 4 stroke made by suzuki?? sounds like a g2 though???????????????
    Last edited by mactlman; 12-13-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Do Whut? See the top banner on this forum and post a model number. Clearly you are talking about an E-Tec G2 but nobody is a mind reader here.
    I changed my avatar for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by cp3434 View Post
    Hey guys I looking at a boat with 2018 rude with 13 hrs I don’t know a soul that owns one so I gotta lean on the bbc community. What should I know good and bad And he says it has 9 years of warranty with nothing to do til 300hr. Can u guys get me up to speed thx
    We can't help at all until we know exactly what motor is being discussed. Post the model number that is on the engine serial number sticker
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !