Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    In hindsight thank god I had a local allow me to follow him around the lake and track it on my unit. I don’t care what the nav markers or units say, none of it is safe unless you know where to go.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

2. Member
    My wife and I went out with Inky in about 04, she still talks about the ride out of Jacks. There is no doubt he knows the lake

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by santee bass View Post
    Ss long as they cook BBQ down here,he will come.
    Gotta go to Scotties for the Q...

Quote Originally Posted by usmc03 View Post
    Gotta go to Scotties for the Q...
    I had some Scott's last year. Good stuff!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Going to get some Country Cousins BBQ for lunch.All you can eat buffet for $9.00 & tax.

6. Member
    Well, I wasn’t sure what to do and ended up booking a house on Murray the last weekend of March. Hopefully it’s filled back up and the big ones are beginning to spawn

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DougN68 View Post
    Hartwell
    X 2 on Hartwell. It is one of the best lakes in the Southeast let alone the state. There are tons of places to stay. It is what I like to call a target-rich environment. If you are just interested in catching fish you can set the hook just about as many times as you want to there. My advice is to stay away from Lake Wylie as it is terrible compared to what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    X 2 on Hartwell. It is one of the best lakes in the Southeast let alone the state. There are tons of places to stay. It is what I like to call a target-rich environment. If you are just interested in catching fish you can set the hook just about as many times as you want to there. My advice is to stay away from Lake Wylie as it is terrible compared to what it used to be.
    Hartwell gets way too much fishing pressure with the zillion tournaments per year that are held there. Used to be my favorite lake, now i try my best to avoid it. It absolutely gets pounded most of the year. Its possible to have some good days, but more likely to barely catch any bass at all. Of course, the spots have mostly taken over the lower half as well.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Hartwell gets way too much fishing pressure with the zillion tournaments per year that are held there. Used to be my favorite lake, now i try my best to avoid it. It absolutely gets pounded most of the year. Its possible to have some good days, but more likely to barely catch any bass at all. Of course, the spots have mostly taken over the lower half as well.
    I take approximately six to eight trips per year to Hartwell. I would say that on 75% of the days that I fish I may not see another soul. I spent this past Monday Tuesday and Wednesday there and caught an average of 80-90 fish per day and 75% of those were large mouth. In my opinion it has the best balance of spots and Largemouth of any Lake in the Southeast that I have fished. That place is slam jam full of bass.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    I take approximately six to eight trips per year to Hartwell. I would say that on 75% of the days that I fish I may not see another soul. I spent this past Monday Tuesday and Wednesday there and caught an average of 80-90 fish per day and 75% of those were large mouth. In my opinion it has the best balance of spots and Largemouth of any Lake in the Southeast that I have fished. That place is slam jam full of bass.
    80-90 fish per day huh? Lets just say i dont believe that at all! You have your gopro hooked up? I have two friends that live lake front near Broyles landing area. Tournaments are constantly held there, most every weekend and several nights per week in the summer. IF you arent seeing a soul, 75% of the time, maybe you need cataract surgery. Either that , or you only fish on mondays in winter most of the time. I went out last january on a saturday, in Conaross creek. I could have easily counted close to 100 boats in just that area. Most of them were striper fishing, but still shows the point. 80-90 bass days, especially most all LM, is easily a stretch of the truth. Anyone who fishes Hartwell regularly knows spots vastly outnumber the LM's. But maybe you are an ELITE pro or something. OR just that much better than the wannabes that fish hartwell much of the year.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

11. Banned
    QUOTE=KHNC;9989230]80-90 fish per day huh? Lets just say i dont believe that at all! You have your gopro hooked up? I have two friends that live lake front near Broyles landing area. Tournaments are constantly held there, most every weekend and several nights per week in the summer. IF you arent seeing a soul, 75% of the time, maybe you need cataract surgery. Either that , or you only fish on mondays in winter most of the time. I went out last january on a saturday, in Conaross creek. I could have easily counted close to 100 boats in just that area. Most of them were striper fishing, but still shows the point. 80-90 bass days, especially most all LM, is easily a stretch of the truth. Anyone who fishes Hartwell regularly knows spots vastly outnumber the LM's. But maybe you are an ELITE pro or something. OR just that much better than the wannabes that fish hartwell much of the year.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna argue with you about it. I know well I caught them last week and how well I catch them every time I go which is generally from the months of November through March and it's always during the week. I saw 3 other boats in 3 days last week and none of them were bass fishing. That is typically about the amount of people I see. I fish all of the river arms and coneross creek is probably the most popular in my experience. I have been fishing Hartwell for 20 years and I have always caught as many or more Largemouth than spots. Sure I've had days where tye spots outnumbered the green fish but it doesn't happen often. It is my preference to catch spots but it doesn't always happen. Generally the Largemouth seem to run with the stripers and hybrids on points in the Creeks that are close to the channel so when you on them it's a smashfest. I am not an elite pro but I'm definitely not a wannabe. But back to the original thread, Hartwell is a great Fishery. out of all the places that I've finished in South Carolina I think it is the best overall Fishery. Some may not share that opinion but that is just my. 02
    Last edited by kb_rn; 01-29-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12