921 Merc 4 stroke

Has anyone ran one yet and done any prop testing, my 921 rolled in at the shop today and is being rigged out now. Just curious on where to start with my setup, I’ve got a 26 tempest and a 25 fury 4 left over from my 920 and I’m pretty sure it’s coming with a 24 or 25 fury 3 blade on it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Member
    Be interesting to see what that Tempest will do on it.

3. Member
    When are you bringing it home?

4. Member
    I have a 920 with 250R. 24 Fury was too little and 25 was just a hair big. I stayed with the 25 and with lithiums, the boat came alive. I would bet the 24p is the correct prop in tournament conditions on a 921.

I'm running a much smaller wheel (23 Tempest) on my 21PHX with a Merc 4 stroke and it performs great. It runs low 70's with a tourney load and 74 by myself. Only have 15 hours on it and want to test some other props but I don't think I'll go above a 24.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Macy's Bullet View Post
    When are you bringing it home?
    Prob be around Christmas, heading to Florida to get some fishing in and taking the family to Disney for a week or ao

7. Member
    Everything I've read has those Mercs running much smaller wheels than comparable SHO. Don't know the science of it, just what I've read.
    2014 920/SHO

8. Member
    Curious how a Fury4 24P would do on that rig..

9. Member
    Just curious, With all the money that's spent on these beautiful Phoenix boats, why do you have to "set up" anything with the performance. Shouldn't they come set to optimum performance form the factory?
    I purchased a used, one year old Phoenix that runs perfect so I really wouldn't know about a new one.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    Just curious, With all the money that's spent on these beautiful Phoenix boats, why do you have to "set up" anything with the performance. Shouldn't they come set to optimum performance form the factory?
    I purchased a used, one year old Phoenix that runs perfect so I really wouldn't know about a new one.
    There are so many variables that go into setting up a rig to optimal performance, there's no way to do that from the factory for every rig.
    2014 920/SHO