Thread: Smoking Tubes

Smoking Tubes

Does anyone have any experience using smoking tubes on a gas grill. I am saving for a RECTEC Bull and I am looking for a way to smoke on my gas grill until I get the RECTEC.

When I had my weber gas grill before I got my Rec tec, I would take a couple of handfuls of wood chips and wrap them with tin foil and set them right on top of the flavoriser bar
    Blue lives matter

3. Member
    I have used my maze in my Weber gas grill at low indirect heat. I set it on the grate or flavorizer bars and used something to keep the grill top cracked about an inch to insure plenty of oxygen was available for the pellets to smolder. Others have said that on their Weber, they put the tube or maze on top of the drip pan so it is actually outside the grill. I have not tried this method since I am concerned about drippings on the pellets.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinK9cop View Post
    When I had my weber gas grill before I got my Rec tec, I would take a couple of handfuls of wood chips and wrap them with tin foil and set them right on top of the flavoriser bar
    Same here but I use the disposable aluminum tin pans and cover with foil with a few holes poked in it. The purist will scream bloody murder, but you can definitely get good smoke with your gas grill if you don't feel like messing with the charcoal smoker
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

I use one from Cave Tools similar to this one in my S-330 Weber Grill. Excellent smoke. Hold a lot of chips. Cave Tools still makes one similar, and a square box. They also have top quality flavorizer bars for Weber’s.
    https://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Comp...r%2Bboxes&th=1
    Last edited by RazorCat; 12-16-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"