Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Groma View Post
    Better to learn Spanish than Arabic .
    Hindi in the metropolitan areas. There has been an explosive growth of the Indian (Asian) population in the state. They're mostly socially and fiscally conservative and tend to vote Republican , but incredibly difficult to do business with. Some real horse traders.

You will be in some good lake area, not MN lakes but you take what you can get. I lived in Coon Rapids MN for 16 years before moving down here. We live in The Colony just north of Dallas. Let me know if you want to hook up and do some fishing when you get down here.

The Tyler area is very nice. Tons of stuff to do, and see, within a day’s drive. And several nice lakes a short drive away.
    A note about Texas weather to remember. “It ain’t the heat that’ll get ya. It’s the humidity”. Enjoy. Texas is a great place to live.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    I cannot disagree. Winter here = purgatory. BUT, spring, summer, and fall are awesome. I'm glad you found your happy place.
    Okay, July and August were very nice up there. The rest of the year not so much.

W'll list are house in April ,hoping to get down there buy June . I lived in Palm Harbor ,FL. for 6 years before moving here.

We have are fair share of Indians up here.I don't mind them but you are right about trying to deal them ,forget it.

Thanks bassdeer .
    Last edited by Groma; 12-19-2018 at 09:11 AM.
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

Texas, in general, is holding to 1836 values as far as I'm concerned! Turning Texas into another California will find a brick wall!
    The yahoos pushing BETO are fringe. Sad thing is the fringe has the media's ear.
    Texas, as a whole, is conservative. The Austin/San Antonio/Houston leftists are trying to warp the state! Most all transplants from CA, OR & CO.

If you are a lover of country & constitution, you're moving to the right place!

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pYr8 View Post

If you are a lover of country & constitution, you're moving to the right place!
    You bet I am.
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

Welcome to Texas! Quick word of advice, never mention how we should handle or feel about Mexican netters or safety of fishing at lake Falcon. It doesn’t go over well with this bunch! ����

9. Member
    Sound like you'll fit in just fine in Texas. Frankston is a small town just outside of Tyler and very close to Lake
    Palestine. We have several friends from there and love the small town.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12