Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

College Football Expansion...Inevitable

It's been discussed on here before, but now those who matter are meeting on this issue. My guess, it will happen. When? Probably sooner than you think.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    It is inevitable that it goes to 8, will still have people arguing their team should have made it but at least have a better collection of talented teams
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Banned
    Hmm guess they figured out how to make more Money.

4. Member
    No one will be happy no matter the decision. Move it to 8 and some will complain their team was snubbed. It is too bad football couldn’t be setup like basketball. Large bracket style instead of separate bowl games and a playoff. Yes, it would take more time but it would be exciting

5. Member
    mo money

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    No one will be happy no matter the decision. Move it to 8 and some will complain their team was snubbed. It is too bad football couldn’t be setup like basketball. Large bracket style instead of separate bowl games and a playoff. Yes, it would take more time but it would be exciting
    I like the idea as well but I doubt it will ever happen.

7. Banned
    Calling for more games is easy when it's not your body taking a beating. If you start adding more games I think we will see even more players sitting out.

8. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    Calling for more games is easy when it's not your body taking a beating. If you start adding more games I think we will see even more players sitting out.
    Doubt it for these...they would for something, a national championship. Guys are dropping out of meaningless bowl games.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    And with basketball, there are still teams who cry about not getting in. I don't think any number at all would work, unless the start the season with every team in the playoffs and work down from there, and that's not happening..

There will be complaints that it adds games to an already brutal season length and increases the likelyhood of season or even career ending injuries... or you reduce the regular season games by a like number, and then there will be those who argue that you water down and reduce the importance of the regular season. Small teams known as cupcakes will be those reduced and thay will complain that they are no longer afforded the chance for the payout of playing a major school, which often is the determining factor if they can fund their athletic programs or not. Teams 9 and above will complain until you add more games and have a 16 game tournament. Point is no matter what you do, only those who are in will be happy.

11. Member
    I'd like to see it expand to just six teams. Give the #1 and 2 teams a bye, let the other four play to advance on.

12. Banned
    Hey ohio state has to get in somehow.

Vegas will love it

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Hey ohio state has to get in somehow.
    It's not about Ohio State getting in or anyone else for that matter. It's about looking out for these KIDS that put it all out there for our weekly entertainment. I'm in the camp of if you expand then you have to make the regular season shorter.

15. Banned
    It's not about Ohio State getting in or anyone else for that matter. It's about looking out for these KIDS that put it all out there for our weekly entertainment. I'm in the camp of if you expand then you have to make the regular season shorter.
    I agree with you on that, just bustin your chops.

Agree moving to 8 is inevitable... Top 4 selection this year made it clearer to expand with Georgia and Ohio State left out of the playoffs. Clearly, many believed the 4 best teams are not in the playoffs so makes sense to expand. I'd select 4 bowls and hold them the week before Christmas and then select 2 for the week after. Put them in a rotation so every major bowl gets at least 1 playoff game and 2 rotate out of the semi final game each year. Just IMHO...
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    And with basketball, there are still teams who cry about not getting in. I don't think any number at all would work, unless the start the season with every team in the playoffs and work down from there, and that's not happening..
    They get the NIT.......Not In Tournament.

They'll have to figure out how to do away with conference championships because that game really will be meaningless big picture with an 8 team playoff, plus the TV contracts for the conferences and conference championship games will have to be restructured...18 million people watched the SEC Championship game...that was a big draw for CBS and ATL which hosted the game. The PAC 12 title game had more staff and coaches there than fans...if you counted everybody in the stadium including players, that's about how many people watched the game. That's why this is being discussed...so the PAC 12s and the big 12s won't be left out and of course they are throwing in central Florida to make it look good...the lady that broke the story was on Finebaum earlier...lots of existing money they'll have to figure out how to restructure before they can move forward...but at least they are talking about it..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Heather Dinich pretty much shot it down with a canon....but you never..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

20. Member
    I'd be cool with 8 teams and shorten the regular season to 10 games and require 8 conference games minimum with only 2 out of conference opponents. That would make the Alabama vs. Helen Keller State games less likely, as the 2 non conference opponents would be critical to a good strength of schedule.
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast