Insurance on 21XDC/300XS

Progressive just sent me a non renewal notice on my 21XDC/300XS Bullet Boat. Been with them 10 years in Jax, Fl with no claims. The reason of cancellation is my boat (is to fast). The only place i fish is the Stick Marsh and one would be crazy to run fast in that lake. Is anyone having any trouble with getting their Bullet insured in Florida. What companies are writing in this state. My boat is paid for and I have no requirement to even insure it but that would be a really bad idea. I hate insurance companies.

Check with Boat US. They will write agreed value policy. Been with them for years and always been good service.

3. Member
    Call Bob. They have always taken great care of me.

Bob Luellen
    Worldwide Marine Underwriters
    800-339-1235

http://www.worldwidemarineins.com
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXZ21 View Post
    Call Bob. They have always taken great care of me.

Bob Luellen
    Worldwide Marine Underwriters
    800-339-1235

http://www.worldwidemarineins.com
    I did and awaiting a quote from him although the prognoses was not leaving me with a good feeling based on our phone discussion. I am sure he will do the best he can as he seems like he has represented his business very well with BBC members. Thumbs crossed.

5. Member
    state farm should do it they covered a stroker when no one else would

6. Member
    My agent will do it, boat US is too EXPENSIVE, told me $1200 a year for my 2016 RDC with a 300XS, my guy is independent, think it's thru Auto Owners

I am thro Farm Bureau with my home owners 33.00 a month with a 250xs.

Might want to check out Formost also.
    I was when them before and made a claim on my LU and they where good to work with.

9. Member
    The problem is speed, they assume you're going to go FAST just because you can, my 250 I had would run 86mph, but Progressive had it for 10 years

10. Member
    I'll take one for the team and swap you my 250 so you can get insurance.

I’ve always had State Farm and never any questions. My 21xd 300xs is either $38 or $40 a month. Got a crap load of coverage on it too.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

12. Member
    Travelers

Tell them your max speed is 50mph!!

14. Member
    State Farm won't write it either. Their excuse was that it is a High Performance Boat. Must be new because I had it under them before I changed to Progressive. If I cant get this boat insured within the next month it will be up for sale. I hate selling it because it is a great looking boat and has given me no trouble. I have had it 10 years (bought new) and the motor has no more than 150 hours on it and has run flawless since new. Mercury did replace all the coils on it when it had one fail after the first 20 hrs. I will keep trying. World Wide Marine said they could write it but it would cost me more than twice what I was paying. I don't use it enough any more to justify the cost.

Mine is with Erie insurance might be worth looking at. But I have boat, cars, house, life insurance they have been good but I have never had to use them yet. Knocking on wood right now.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

16. Member
    This guy advertises in Coastal Marine magazine. You might try him. Bradley Insurance Group. 888-977-4500 or 954-785-5000 .Good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by YoungRE2 View Post
    State Farm won't write it either. Their excuse was that it is a High Performance Boat. Must be new because I had it under them before I changed to Progressive. If I cant get this boat insured within the next month it will be up for sale. I hate selling it because it is a great looking boat and has given me no trouble. I have had it 10 years (bought new) and the motor has no more than 150 hours on it and has run flawless since new. Mercury did replace all the coils on it when it had one fail after the first 20 hrs. I will keep trying. World Wide Marine said they could write it but it would cost me more than twice what I was paying. I don't use it enough any more to justify the cost.
    I have State Farm and have never had an issue with them.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs