Traducer question.

I have a helix g2n mega with mega down transducer. Can i buy a Mega side imaging transducer and it work with this unit ?

2. Member
    If it is helix "SI" g2n mega yes, for side imaging, if DI I think it would only provide down imaging. So no, if you are trying to get side imaging.

3. Member
    I was asking this question because i can view the back mega side imaging across the network. Why cant' you the add a si mega transducer to the for front . The front is a helix g2n mega down, the back is a g2n mega si . I was going to take the front unit off and add to another boat .

Quote Originally Posted by Darkamus View Post
    I was asking this question because i can view the back mega side imaging across the network. Why cant' you the add a si mega transducer to the for front . The front is a helix g2n mega down, the back is a g2n mega si . I was going to take the front unit off and add to another boat .
    When you are VIEWING SI on a DI unit, the SI unit is processing the SI data. A DI unit cannot process SI data. You can VIEW SI on a Sonar-only unit, but you cannot make it a SI unit by attaching a SI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    thx