Thread: Extra Storage

Extra Storage

I have an 03 521vx. I am going to be removing the passenger console over the winter. My only concern is the stuff I actually keep in there. Keys, extra batteries, wipes, powerpole remote, and other small non bait-tackle items. I have seen the step/compartment that replaces the middle seat. That would be ok, but last resort. As I would prefer not to lose the middle seat for the 3 times a year I use it. Has anyone done anything else? Only other option I can think of, is making a drawer underneath the step that goes to the front deck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    What if you removed the step and just added a deck extension. The space under it you can get a water proof box that can be pulled out/ tucked under it when not in use

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    What if you removed the step and just added a deck extension. The space under it you can get a water proof box that can be pulled out/ tucked under it when not in use
    Not a bad idea. I can actually just do that now. Was thinking something more permanent. I guess i can get a waterproof box and put it in a compartment if that was the case. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of room in the boat. I feel silly saying I need more storage on a 521 lol. I just want to keep those items in their own little world like the glove box provided

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince521VX View Post
    Not a bad idea. I can actually just do that now. Was thinking something more permanent. I guess i can get a waterproof box and put it in a compartment if that was the case. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of room in the boat. I feel silly saying I need more storage on a 521 lol. I just want to keep those items in their own little world like the glove box provided
    I hear ya, I'm contemplating removing passenger console as well and I do like the glove box storage. It's great for quick small things like keys, wallet, cell phone, licenses. The only other compartment that would be just as handy if there was no second console would be the centre compartment under the step between the seats. I don't have that feature, I have the fold down seat so...

i don't have a 21 foot ranger but if I did I would want more storage. It is what it is lol

5. Member
    https://www.boatoutfitters.com/glove...ntegrated-seal
    This looks like a pretty good solution. I can just make a vertical plate at the front of the step. Then cut a hole out for this and I'm done. My boat is white so I think it would even look pretty good.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince521VX View Post
    https://www.boatoutfitters.com/glove...ntegrated-seal
    This looks like a pretty good solution. I can just make a vertical plate at the front of the step. Then cut a hole out for this and I'm done. My boat is white so I think it would even look pretty good.
    I like that, if I had the step instead of the full cooler, I think I would do this as well.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

7. Member
    I put this on the wall of my console side, under where it stays dry. Great for wallet keys etc.

https://www.tacklewebs.com/
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

8. Member
    I do like that. Thank you for pointing that out. I went a different route for what I was looking for. I am going to try the mesh cup holder though