santee cooper help

Guys in February i will be heading down for the first kayak tournament of my 2019 season, it will be my first time traveling to other states, and for this event i will not have a lot of time to prefish. i'm not looking for everyone's secrets, but what can i expect toward the end of February? you know like baits, depth, maybe GPS pins etc....no in all seriousness any help would be great! thank you everyone in advance.

2. Member
    What landing are they using?

3. Member
    o God buddy I'm not sure

If there has been a good stretch of warm weather before you get there, some fish might move into the blackwater ponds. If the weather has not been warm, the fish will still be staging. If I were fishing that time of year, I'd first concentrate on Angel's Cove in the lower lake. It's some of the first water to warm in both lakes.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    What landing are they using?
    Depending on the event/sanctioning body, it may be a shotgun type launch - so anywhere on the lakes as long as it's public access.

Which event is this?

6. Member
    it is the KBF southeast trail division.