Lake Seminole Jan 22-27

Me and a friend are heading to Lake Seminole 3 week of Jan. Looking for suggestions on where to stay. Also what kind of fishing can we expect? Never been on that lake. Will also need a guide for a day or two. Thanks
    Last edited by ejevans45; 12-12-2018 at 10:56 AM.

2. Member
    Stay at big jims. Bring a red trap

I haven't been there that time of year but that lake can be a dangerous place to travel due to all of the stumps. Do not get out of the boat lanes at anything over idle speed until you are familiar. The good news is that the boat lanes are mostly all marked well and the main lake isn't too terrible for stumps and such.

If I were to guess, I would think that you should be able to catch fish in relatively shallow water. I was there in the first week of May and the bass had pretty well all traveled back out to the main lake.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

4. Member
    Take plenty of cold weather gear. It is Florida but not far enough south to be warm. We were there for a week in January and it was cold, frosted twice.

I'd be extremely careful. I live in Thomasville, about 45 min from Seminole. Hurricane Michael did quite a number on the lake. I was over there this past Saturday for a duck hunt. There are several places up the Flint near Jack Wingate's with missing channel markers. I haven't been up around Spring Creek, but I know the Hurricane damage was worse around Sealys, so I'm sure there is some marker damage there as well. Big Jim's may or may not even be open right now, I'm not too sure. I haven't been over there this duck season yet, but I know they took some pretty severe tree damage. I'd call ahead!
    The fishing should be great if you can navigate the lake. Just be careful. It is a dangerous lake under normal circumstances. I would not be surprised if some of the smaller creeks and channels are inaccessible due to downed trees. We put in at 10 Mile still this past trip, which is not a very nice/popular ramp. The canal leading to the lake was extremely clogged, with 3-4 pines laying across it. We got our duck boat through, but no way could I have gotten my Basscat through.
    Good luck and have fun!

Hmmm didn’t think about hurricane damage.

7. Member
    If you want a top notch guide call Matt Baty, he's on Facebook.
    He's a local stick, won the Costa there last year

Quote Originally Posted by nowakezone View Post
    If you want a top notch guide call Matt Baty, he's on Facebook.
    He's a local stick, won the Costa there last year
    Matt Baty is the man on Seminole. If he is not available try Paul Tyre: https://www.lakeseminolefishingguides.com/
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight