Thread: ALDI Find

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sounds like the Lews thread!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    I have never been in an ALDI store, Ads came out yesterday and they had Rib Roast $5.99 a Lb. Today looked like a good day to try em out. I arrive 5 minutes before they open and there were 25 people waiting to enter. And they all go back to the meat cooler--- I just followed the crowd, i figured that was where they were going. They had 6-7 packages in the cooler, they were gone after the first 2 guys grabbed em. A young lady working there says " I'll bring more from the cooler in the back room." 5 minutes later she brings a pallet out.

IBP Beef, Choice. only 3 to a case--- Like most standing in line---- just give me a case.
    Manawa?

Meat is uasually very tender after it starts to rot at the first store they tried to sell it at lol

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Groma View Post
    Iowa Beef Producers
    Iowa Beef Processors was the original name of the company when the first plant was built in Dennison, Iowa they changed the name many years ago to just IBP as they have Beef processing plants in multiple states Nebraska, Kansas, Texas

Tyson bought IBP in 2001 and uses the IBP trademark on their beef products.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Iowa Beef Processors was the original name of the company when the first plant was built in Dennison, Iowa they changed the name many years ago to just IBP as they have Beef processing plants in multiple states Nebraska, Kansas, Texas

Tyson bought IBP in 2001 and uses the IBP trademark on their beef products.
    I always thought it was Iowa Beef Packers?
    John the Garage Doorman

Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    Manawa?

Only one in CB

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Always wondered when a fresh perishable item goes on a big sale... does that really mean it is old and about to expire? Not just Aldi, anywhere?
    For a national account like Aldi they may contract out to a producer such as IBP and have a weight quota with a rebate or bonus to hit. It is often times more profitable for a merchant to sell at cost to reap the benefits of the rebate. Sometimes with volume thresholds there are extra incentives to go over a number
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

8. Member
    Hmmmm might have to grab one to practice a new process on before Christmas. Although.... must be 6~7 years ago we started buying the 'prime' cut from Costco for Christmas. Up until then, we'd never even bought a 'prime' steak, much less a whole bone-in roast. I've gotta' say, it is WELL worth the extra cash. Last year the whole roasts were $9.99 lb. Cuts were $12.99. We just cut a 5 rib roast for the family dinner then the extra 2 ribs we cut steaks for me and the wife.

Told a buddy I've known since high school about the difference between 'prime' and 'choice' last Christmas being as he had cooked one he bought in the grocery store. Told him he'd not believe the difference, it is THAT big of a deal. He ended up getting a new Green Egg for Christmas and we discussed how much difference there is in how those things cook than a regular grill.

Wasn't long, he called me in Feb, freezing out, telling me he'd bought a couple of 'prime' steaks and they were the best steaks he'd ever had in his LIFE!
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Chicken View Post
    Hmmmm might have to grab one to practice a new process on before Christmas. Although.... must be 6~7 years ago we started buying the 'prime' cut from Costco for Christmas. Up until then, we'd never even bought a 'prime' steak, much less a whole bone-in roast. I've gotta' say, it is WELL worth the extra cash. Last year the whole roasts were $9.99 lb. Cuts were $12.99. We just cut a 5 rib roast for the family dinner then the extra 2 ribs we cut steaks for me and the wife.

Told a buddy I've known since high school about the difference between 'prime' and 'choice' last Christmas being as he had cooked one he bought in the grocery store. Told him he'd not believe the difference, it is THAT big of a deal. He ended up getting a new Green Egg for Christmas and we discussed how much difference there is in how those things cook than a regular grill.

Wasn't long, he called me in Feb, freezing out, telling me he'd bought a couple of 'prime' steaks and they were the best steaks he'd ever had in his LIFE!
    You're gonna be fine

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Still wondering why some say don’t buy ALDI meat? Are they assuming since it’s cheap it’s bad like people do with Murphy gas?
    Typical snobs.

I often buy meat at both Aldis and SaveALot. Never had any problems.

11. Member
    Aldi, and it's cousin Trader Joe's, are good sources for a lot of stuff.
    Especially organic, gluten-free, vegan, etc. Prices are usually very good.
    I've got Aldi around the corner, but TJ's is a tough 40 minute drive.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    I always thought it was Iowa Beef Packers?
    You are right it was originally Iowa Beef Packers from 1961-1970 before it was changed to Iowa Beef Processors...

The wife buys 90 % of the food from there and no issues

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    Don't know about yours, but I've not had any complaints. Got BB ribs for @ $2/lb and they were great. Chicken, beef, all been decent and at good prices.
    Ate a lot of ribs from Adli's, not a problem with them I've found.

15. Banned
    I do all our shopping at Aldi's. I do have to fill in at local groceries and sometimes Publix because Aldi doesn't carry everything. But I basically purchase the sale items locally--like $1.99 per pound ground chuck yesterday.

Our region is mostly limited to Tyson chicken and pork, and the pork has now been chickenized as the other white meat. Aldi's chickens and pork are from the upper Midwest, and it's far superior in quality. We seldom eat beef from Aldi, and only buy it locally on sale.

Yesterday, I made chicken and dumplings with 2 chicken breasts from Aldi. They were so large that I bet that chicken must have dressed out at 7 lbs. I cut the third breast up into chicken strips and it fed two people fried.

16. Member
    So I stopped by Aldi's on the way home from work tonight, didn't see any of those beef deals, but I did score some spiral cut honey baked hams for .95 a pound! The guys were unboxing them as fast as people could load them in buggies! I snagged a couple of hams about 8 pounds each and a case of winking owl wine for the Mrs. The total was a hair over 56 bucks

17. Banned
    I plan to stop in there this weekend cus I heard they have chocolate covered coffee beans. They say their chocolate is really good also

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    So I stopped by Aldi's on the way home from work tonight, didn't see any of those beef deals, but I did score some spiral cut honey baked hams for .95 a pound! The guys were unboxing them as fast as people could load them in buggies! I snagged a couple of hams about 8 pounds each and a case of winking owl wine for the Mrs. The total was a hair over 56 bucks
    These were from last week. Sliced and frozen, bones boiled into broth. Got 2 more yesterday.

Ours has leg of lamb from Australia right now.
    Ranting incoherently

20. Member
    Wife and I shop there all the time. Never had anything bad, including meat or produce.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast