Thread: ALDI Find

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So what is so bad with ALDI meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    Yes I know what it is and I wont eat the meat that comes from there.
    well I'll let you know how it turns out----- thinking about fixing one this w/e

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    First rule of shopping at aldis...dont buy the meat..2nd rule...dont buy the meat
    Best baby back ribs I've bought in a long time came from Aldis. As good as what I buy at my meat market. The Loin rib roasts are fantastic on the smoker.

Dale Sinclair original

Meat ok but I bought salmon one time and then realized it came from China... Threw it away !
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Have you been to Herrells? Thought it was a lot cheaper there. was thinking it was 3 something last time I was in there.

I bet it's been 5 years or more since I've stopped in to Herrlls Market but I've been talking about it recently. I've been trying to locate some good beef ribs and can't find anywhere around our area that carries them. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to have to stop in one day next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Always wondered when a fresh perishable item goes on a big sale... does that really mean it is old and about to expire? Not just Aldi, anywhere?
    The ones i picked up today have a sale date of Jan 30th 2019. They are Cryovac, last way past the sell date, sell date----- use or freeze by date.

If the first one turns out tough, I'll grind the other 2 and make ground beef

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    really??? Do you know what IBP is? or you just guessing?
    Irritable Bowel Problems?

8. Member
    We will be glad when Aldi moves over to our side of town. The old retired guys like Bassman snap up all the real good buys before the working stiffs can get over there.

9. Member
    Hi Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Always wondered when a fresh perishable item goes on a big sale... does that really mean it is old and about to expire? Not just Aldi, anywhere?
    Generally they're trying to dump stuff that is getting close. After Thanksgiving wally world had non-frozen turkeys down to $.40/lb. They needed to sell them off. I have 6 in the freezer, 3 will head down to the shelter. Saw the same birds going for $1.68/lb the other day.

I've only had one rack of ribs and 1 chicken that were ever bad. Saved the receipt and got my $ back.

The Aldi's ribs were the thickest BB's I've ever cooked. I've been doing ribs a long time and the kids said these were the best they had. Juicy, meaty, tender with a good pull.

First rule of shopping at aldis...dont buy the meat..2nd rule...dont buy the meat
    I would have 100% agreed with you 2 years ago. Aldi shut down and remodeled all of their stores around here, and they've upped their game tenfold since reopening. I wouldn't buy meat there before the remodel, I have no issue with it now.

Just to put it perspective ... I eat steak at least 5 days a week (protein based eating plan, another story) ... anyhow, the ribeyes at Aldi are much better than the ones I had at a Texas Roadhouse recently. I was working out of state and needed my steak fix for dinner and TR was the only option available. It was like cutting and chewing carpet both nights I ate there. Ok, so TR is not a prime steakhouse as Aldi is not a top shelf butcher shop but damn if their steaks aren't pretty tender and tasty. The ground beef and pork aint too shabby either.
    Ranting incoherently

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    I have never been in an ALDI store, Ads came out yesterday and they had Rib Roast $5.99 a Lb. Today looked like a good day to try em out. I arrive 5 minutes before they open and there were 25 people waiting to enter. And they all go back to the meat cooler--- I just followed the crowd, i figured that was where they were going. They had 6-7 packages in the cooler, they were gone after the first 2 guys grabbed em. A young lady working there says " I'll bring more from the cooler in the back room." 5 minutes later she brings a pallet out.

IBP Beef, Choice. only 3 to a case--- Like most standing in line---- just give me a case.
    Most useful information of the day. I went down to Aldi at lunch and picked one up.

Thanks

Aldis here has beef, chicken, and pork as good as anybody. Although they have a limited selection of fruits and vegetables, the prices are way lower than Wally or Kroger and just as good.

(606)305-1956

Still wondering why some say don’t buy ALDI meat? Are they assuming since it’s cheap it’s bad like people do with Murphy gas?

15. Member
    supposedly....one brother started whole foods and the other brother started ALDI....and ALDI is as good as whole foods at lower prices. That is what I have heard do not care to check or know if its true. good deal though.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

Got two 12# hams and a bunch of other stuff today and it was under $50. Easily $80 at other places. Eat what you want, spend what makes you happy.

Hams going in the smoker tomorrow.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Still wondering why some say don’t buy ALDI meat? Are they assuming since it’s cheap it’s bad like people do with Murphy gas?
    I have tried there meat and didnt care for it. Texture was all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BassVoodoo View Post
    supposedly....one brother started whole foods and the other brother started ALDI....and ALDI is as good as whole foods at lower prices. That is what I have heard do not care to check or know if its true. good deal though.
    Started in 1913 by the Albrect family, first store in the US was in Iowa 1976. I always heard one brother opened Trader Joes, the other Aldi

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    We will be glad when Aldi moves over to our side of town. The old retired guys like Bassman snap up all the real good buys before the working stiffs can get over there.

The best part of retirement John------ fishing during the week. No week end warriors wearing jerseys shouting YOUR ON MY SPOT, I FOUND IT 2 weeks ago. Me--------- sonny, people been fishing this spot since 1961 when I started fishing it.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    I wish we had ALDI down here.
    Location, Location. Just like some Wal-Mart's or most! There's some that you just don't want to go in My friend

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast