Daiwa Zero Adjust reels

Looking for some opinions on the Daiwa reels that have the zero adjust spool tension knob. Can't find too many consumer reviews online.

It's not really zero adjust, you can still adjust if desired, but there generally is no need to do so. With SV, one typically sets spool tension to remove any spool play, then adjusts via the magnetic dial, never really fussing with spool tension again. Daiwa picked up on this after the first few iterations, and turned into an additional selling point. So now, the "zero adjust" reels have a much tighter spool tension knob.

3. Member
    What he said. There isnt a difference in performance. The dial is pre set from the factory bit if you want to adjust it they are just more difficult to turn.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    What he said. There isnt a difference in performance. The dial is pre set from the factory bit if you want to adjust it they are just more difficult to turn.
    Ok, makes sense. I may make a mark on mine to note where it is set before I adjust it (If I ever need to)

5. Banned
    Its adjustable. The one thing I like about it is it wont easily move while you may be moving around.