Thread: prop to pad

prop to pad

i have posted a few times about setting up my 94 20XD.i have been reading the post bullet numbers and i see several that state up to 11/4 above the pad.it there a safe place to but it and not worry about blowing motor up?i know watch the rpms and water pressure.i am now 2 inches below the pad.95 mercury XRI(200) 25p trophy+.it ran 72 but tac was wrong so new one installed.havent been out since installed.on the bullet numbers page some state with low water pick up and some dont.
    Last edited by easyman37379; 12-12-2018 at 11:40 AM.

2. Member
    What lower?

3. Member
    Watch water pressure. No sure how much water pressure that motor needs but someone on here can tell you. If it was me I’d keep it at 15 or more

4. Member
    stock lower 1.87

5. Member
    Suppose to have at least 12lbs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman37379 View Post
    stock lower 1.87
    If no low water pickup then you likely about as high as you can go. To run above pad you will need a sportmaster or coned lower.That is what I meant by what lower.

7. Member
    ok i got ya.i bought a low water lower but but was talked out of using it.believe i will sell it and just leave it where it is.thanks guys

8. Member
    IMO, a Bullet is just designed for a surfacing prop. I run my 20XD 1-3/8 inch above pad. I suspect most 20's run and handle best in that range. If I had a lower with low water pickup I would at least try it before getting rid of it.
    If it is running 72 (gps) with motor set that low that is not bad. You are a little light on horse power but with a sporty or a quality cone job I would suspect upper 70's possible if not likely.