LEGEND 199 225 PRO XS

PANOPTICS LIVESCOPE QUESTION

I have seen lots of videos of livescope, some of them you can see everything in great detail and some not much detail at all. I want it on my boat really bad but before I spend that kind of money I would like some info on what it takes to get the detail pictures. I'm an older guy that is not real high tech so do you need to be very good at tweeking the settings to get the detailed screen shots or is pretty easy? Also for the people that has spent the money to get livescope are you liking it? I was looking at the 9 inch screen, do you think that size screen will be fine or should I spend more money for the bigger screen? Any info will be greatly appreciated!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199 225 PRO XS

There really are not many settings to mess with for the LS. Default works well.

3. Member
    The only settings I mess with are the distance and the color scheme. For most of my fishing I like to limit the distance to 60'. This makes everything larger on the screen rather than having it go to 100' or more and cramming that much more information in the same amount of space. I'm an old fart as well and have mine on a 10" screen. The 10" is great but I'd have it on 12" if I could. I certainly wouldn't want it on anything less than 9". The 93sv Plus units on sale now would be pretty hard to pass up if I was in the market.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

The water clarity does effect the detail on the screen. There really isn’t much to set. It’s plug and play. The gain is what I use the most for better clarity.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

5. Member
    The amount of detail is primarily dependent on the scale. A fish 18 inches long will look very different if the depth is set to 20 ft and the range to 40 ft than when the depth is set to 80 ft and the range to 100 ft. Similary to side imaging, you can extend the range so far that you can't even see them.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Banned
    Get a 12, your eyes will thank you! The 1242 non-touch is a good unit for livescope.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Settings aside the install is critical! I have seen the transducer installed backwards or too high in the water column. To me this is the most important step. It is the best sonar technology I have seen. The ability to switch from forward and down by one twist is awesome. Also plan on spending some time on the water learning all the uses and applications for it. Setup and install vary so planning is critical to get the results you desire. As for screen size a 9" is fine if you are running LiveScope in full screen. If you plan on using the unit for mapping or other sonar panels bigger is better. If I can help in the planing feel free to give me a call.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

What do you mean to high in the water?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Too high on the shaft of the trolling motor or separate mount. The lower it can go the cleaner the water. On windy days the top layer will be aerated and will degrade the ability for the transducer to send and receive sound. This can also be an issue in high current areas.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

10. LEGEND 199 225 PRO XS
    Thanks, for the info, I will be giving you a call when I get it.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199 225 PRO XS

Right I hadn't thought of that till I saw your first post then I still typed it just encase there was more. Thanks for the tip to me and anyone else
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089