Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Have you piled everyone into an Avalon or other large four door sedan? My BIL has three at home and they normally take the Avalon on trips.
    With my 3 kids, they would fit, however, they don't do well sitting right next to each other. I need a 3rd row for my wife and I's sanity
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

2. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    I had a minivan before I got back into fishing(and bought my first bassboat in 2003). Once you get past the "minivan" title, it really is the most practicle vehicle for a large family. Hell, I pulled the seats out and went to the lumberyard to get wood for a giant swing set. It hauled it, no problem.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

I'd get another Flex AWD EB.....on my second one and love it. The resale doesn't hold up like some vehicles, so you can find great prices on used ones. The first one I had was a '10, my son and DIL love it. It has 152,xxx miles on it and still going strong. My '14 has about 55k on it. They are like a goat in the snow, probably because of the weight. On a different note, I can outrun lots of 'hot' cars from stoplight to stoplight and it'll turn a respectable 14.2 at the dragstrip. Plenty of room and a great ride...

(606)305-1956

4. Member
    I'm currently in the unenviable position of trying to get my wife to consider a minivan. With a small human, he's a few months shy of 2yrs old, and her habit of loading up for every possible scenario when leaving the house, we need room! Plus, if we want to go anywhere with more than 2 additional people, we have to take multiple cars. Even with a pickup with tonneau cover, I almost had to borrow a small box trailer for the last WEEKEND trip we took.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

O really,,,, now it’s ok to have a gosh damn mini van?.....

6. Member
    We had two Dodge minivans when our 3 kids were small. They aren't cool but man are they practical.

Mini van with a Pick up truck wrap. Your welcome
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

8. Member
    You can't beat the mini van - swore I'd never have one. Now I have two Odysseys with a combined 510,000 miles between them. Incredibly handy when the kids were young now I drive them to keep miles off of the Cummins. Salt on the roads? Take the van. Work next to a stone quarry that coats everything in dust? Take the van. Worried about door dings while parking at a hockey game? Drive the van. Then park that sucker when you get home from work on Friday and enjoy the turbo whistle of a nicely tuned, low mileage diesel on the weekend.

Honda Odyssey Van. Took my fishing partner's wife's Odyssey to Alabama one year to fish the Rally. 900 miles, 12 hour drive, and the thing avg. 24.9 mpg. And it was comfortable. Incredible.

10. Member
    The only van that is cool nowadays is the MB Sprinter...I have serious van lust for a 4x4 diesel Sprinter with a pop-top...a little out of the 30k price range though for sure
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

11. Member
    Dodge Durango R/T with second row captain chairs. Test drove one of those and a Ram...ended up with a Ram because it fit my lifestyle, but I was smiling from ear to ear after test driving the Durango R/T!!!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    The only problem with a mini van is if you have a front on impact you are the 1st one there. We owned one when my boys were young for several years. They got older my wife changed jobs and was in traffic a lot more. I got to feeling it wasn't safe and bought a large car. Within a year a lady turned in front of my wife, my wife was running about 40-45. Totaled the car but she walked away with a crushed thumb and a few bruises. I know all vehicles are safer every years. But there is no way a mini van will be as safe as an suv on a front impact with a large vehicle. IMO
    I had a 2017 dodge caravan and a lady pulled out in front of me and I hit them going 60 ( speed limit was 70) and I ended up braking my 2 bones in my wrist but was able to go home to my wife and kid so I call that a blessing

13. Member
    Went through this same deal last year but for 4 Grandkids, 7,8,11 and 12. I had a 2009 Ford Flex we put a 145k miles with no major problems. Wife wanted some thing different and looked a Durango, Highlander, CX9 Honda Pilot, Kia Sorento and Hyundai Sante Fe. Pilot seemed to have most room and best mpg. What really sold me was the ease to get in the 3rd row for the younger ones. After driving the Pilot EXL for a year and half there are many positives but my Flex drove and had better sitting seats. A locally owned Honda sold me 2017 Pilot EXL for over $5k off sticker with no trade for $32k.

14. Member
    I love my wife’s mini! Best money I have ever spent and it works great for us. My wife is short and it fits her well, so happy wife, happy life! All that aside- we have a T and C and have put less than a grand into it over 5 years and 90,000 miles. Buy the car that works for you and your family!

15. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    if you must go mini van. (don't do it man)
    1. Honda Odyssey
    2. Toyota Sienna
    3. Kia Sedona

had 2 caravans. both pure crap,,
    i never say never but it would have to be something stupid to make me ever buy CDJR again...........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Family Truckster?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Family Truckster?

18. Member
    Our 2014 dodge caravan was junk ... van configuration is awesome for 3 kids but I was happy to get rid of it now in expedition el

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJoe View Post
    Wouldn't recommend it. They don't hold enough, the fuel economy isn't great and replacement tires are expensive.
    Love the power and technology features, but the ride isn't very soft. I'd vote Toyota Sequoia if fuel isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    I'd vote Toyota Sequoia if fuel isn't an issue.
    Me too but man can you make 'em scream.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast