Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Hooks On Megabass Flap Slap

I ordered a few Megabass lures so I can see what all the fuss is about! Got a 110 in Ito Natural, a Diamanté is GF Wild Gill and a Flap Slap in Gill.

Online it looks like the Flap Slap comes with saltwater looking hooks...has anyone used this bait and would you change the hooks out to some EWG Gamakatsu’s?

Thanks in advance, Chris.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    I put #4 KVD's on all of mine.. I use them more as a shallow crank over the grass during prespawn..

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That’s my intention for the bass moving up before bedding
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

My Birthday present to myself showed up! Can’t wait for this front to move through!

5. Member
    Bottom two will get in done in during prespawn.. I may have to find me one of those Diamante for when the bluegill start bedding up on this end of the state..

If you want to do something a little different with your Flap Slap.. wrap a little lead wire around the front hook shank until you get it to float up really slow (almost suspend) over the grass .. Also instead of using a strait retrieve just move it with rod sweeps and let it sit for a few seconds.. You'll get your string stretched for sure..

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thanks Victor, gonna find out in the morning. I haven’t read all that much great stuff on the FlapSlap but in the water it looks good and snaps around every bit as well as a jerkbait. It’s the right size for where I’m catching fish right now and it’s not a squarebill so I’ll try it out.

The topwater bite has been good the last month but I fear this front will have turned that off.