2004 Tr21x 2004 Optimax 225

I have this combo with a 26 tempest plus. Boat runs 68 mph at 5700 rpm. Does this sound like I’m getting the best out of this set up? Oh 8 inch manual jack plate 5.5 inches above transom. The reason I ask is I have another 26 tempest plus that needs a ding taken out of it. Just wondering if I should do something different with that one. Load is pretty heavy with my fat butt and tackle. Doesn’t seem to have much bow lift. Thanks

Have your dinged 26P repaired and pitched down to a 25 and have extra cup added to the tips.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Sounds good I will try that. Thanks for the info.

4. Member
    Your reported RPM'S are on the money, IF your motor is a standard Optimax. Can you give the boat FULL TRIM and control the chinewalk?

5. Member
    Yes it’s a regular Optimax. I can drive through the chinewalk lots of time in the boat. Long story, short version had 2004 Tr20x with a Yamaha hpdi 225 that was rolled over in a highway accident. Never had a Mercury and wasn’t sure about the setup of motor and the 21 foot boat. I know it’s a bigger boat but my 20 was a 72-73mph boat. I love the ride of the 21 just making sure I’m not leaving any performance unused. Trim seems a little weak that’s why I was wondering about a little more bow lift.

6. Member
    That 26 tempest needs some work and if it's a factory stock prop it really needs some work. You have too much slip for that boat and motor combo and you should be able to get 70-71.

7. Member
    Check the striker plates on your motor. I bet they have deep grooves in them.
    I also have a 04' 21x,I run full trim for top speed.
    When my plates are worn I'll lose a couple mph.

8. Member
    It is stock out of the box. I’m going to bring it in it needs a little ding fixed. I was wondering what to have done to it. I have never had a prop worked or fixed before. I will take a look at the striker plates also.

9. Member
    Have it set to factory spec for a 26" tempest.