Banned

Re-wiring for HB 360, Ethernet box, and (2) Helix 12s

Purchased an Ultrex, (2) Helix 12s, HB 360 for Ultrex. Also planning on adding an Ethernet Box. I'm planning on wiring as follows:

1. Direct 8ga or 10ga from battery to dual bus bar at front of boat. A 12 ga wire to Helix 12 and another 12 ga wire to HB360.

2. Direct 8ga or 10ga from battery to dual bus bar to console. A 12 ga wire to Helix 12 and another 12 ga wire to Ethernet Box.

Thoughts?

Excellent for part of it.
    The Helix power cord and 360 power cord are 6' long. You won't need to extend them with 12 ga wire. Just need a fuse for each at the buss bar.
    Need a cut off switch for the 360 power.

May not need to extend the console Helix unit's power cord depending on the location of the console buss bar.

The Ultrex Heading sensor is also 12V powered and needs a cutoff switch/fuse.
    Need a cutoff switch and fuse for the Ethernet switch also.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    Thx Wayne!

djd

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Excellent for part of it.
    The Helix power cord and 360 power cord are 6' long. You won't need to extend them with 12 ga wire. Just need a fuse for each at the buss bar.
    Need a cut off switch for the 360 power.

May not need to extend the console Helix unit's power cord depending on the location of the console buss bar.

The Ultrex Heading sensor is also 12V powered and needs a cutoff switch/fuse.
    Need a cutoff switch and fuse for the Ethernet switch also.
    Do you need all those cutoff switches if you have a master power switch? I just shut it all down at the end of the day with a master on the batts.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

5. Member
    Wayne got it

6. Banned
    The guy I use wires every boat he does one way...... 10 ga to a fuse panel under the console or in the rod box. All units on the console run to that box. He then runs 12 ga from the box to the bow units, 360, ethernet hub (if not connected to the fuse panel directly). He does two guys that fish FLW and has rewired many jobs that marine dealers have done. My system has 1/10th of a voltage drop from battery to bow.

He says the key is good product and good install. I believe it 100% after watching him throw away several $1 fittings that didn't crimp the way he liked them.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Do you need all those cutoff switches if you have a master power switch? I just shut it all down at the end of the day with a master on the batts.

one master would do it