X18 just a little off

So i have x18 with 175sho. Can someone tell me why im only seeing 5400 rpm with 23p tempest plus 10” jackplate 59mph. Boat is loaded with tackle. I just got boat back from xpress for the 2nd time. It just seems to be a little off. Im reading all these forums with guys running 24p or 25p props. I just dont get it. I could move my motor up on jack plate and raise jack plate up as of now jack plate is all the way up.
    I think im gonna try a 21p prop. Maybe a pride thing but dang i feel like i shouldnt have to run a 21p.

2. Member
    What is your prop to pad measurement? Maybe if you explain how heavy loaded you are you might get some more replies. I would think 59 is not great but not sure.

3. Member
    Prop to bad is 3.5”. My load consist of full tank gas, 20 rods, and your average bass fishermans tackle,

How much water pressure are you running? Your motor may be mounted too low on the jackplate. No way you should need a 21p prop. You should turn that 23p to 6100 easy. Is the prop new? ever been worked on? That boat motor combo should be running mid to upper 60's depending on load easily.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

5. Member
    Water pressure is around 20psi. Prop is brand new out of box. As soon as the mansoon stops here im gonna readjust motor on jack plate. See what that does

6. Member
    Is 5400 wot, If so check your throttle cables may need adjustment, hotfoot?

X18 is rated for a 150 at MAX. If it is a 175 SHO you should be able to turn a T25 over 6000 easy or hitting the rev. limiter. As all ready said check to make sure you are getting full throttle,sound like you are not opening all the way up even with a 150 SHO with your prop

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

8. Member
    call Reynolds racing and marine in TN. thats where i bought my x18 with merc 150, 24p and it is incredible. holeshot is instant and i see 63 mph. they had an x18 in stock with the 175 sho. They told me that xpress boats can be a pain to set up but once you get it right they are incredible and if you get it wrong they are awful.