Ice Helix-Auto Chart mapping question

Question about using the ICE series to show Auto Chart mapping.

I have done some Auto Chart Live work with my Solix 12 on open water. With the Solix I have 2 SD card slots so I can run the Lakemaster chip and use as my base map and add the Zero Lines Card to show the changes overlaid all nice and simple. Works as advertised. The Ice Helix 7 only has a single slot and it’s micro SD which is really a mistake in my opinion as easy R&R is out of the question. With the single slot I can run my ZLC to see the AC data, but I can’t run the Lakemaster HD base map because there is only one slot. If I use the HB base layer I don’t get the 1’ contour like I do with Lakemaster HD maps I only get the 3’ contour.

Since I can't run 2 cards and can't import AC data into the Helix my quest is to figure out how to merge my mapping with the Lakemaster in AC Pro software. Then I can use the Autochart as my base layer I believe. I’ve been able to bring up the AC data in the software, but cannot seem to figure out how to get the Lakemaster map to show as the base beneath my custom data.

Auto Chart is no different than Lakemaster as far as its use in a unit. The map is read from the card===no card, no map.

Humminbird Basemap is the 2017 issue of Lakemaster coverage but with standard definition.

Why do you need 1' contour lines on a base map if you are doing Auto Chart Live that creates 1' contour lines???????
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Auto Chart Live is always overlayed on whatever map background is available which can be a built-in Uni-map, ContourXD, or Humminbird Basemap for single card reader units.
    Dual card reader units can have those plus added digital media mapping from Lakemaster, Auto Chart or Navionics.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Auto Chart is no different than Lakemaster as far as its use in a unit. The map is read from the card===no card, no map.

Humminbird Basemap is the 2017 issue of Lakemaster coverage but with standard definition.

Why do you need 1' contour lines on a base map if you are doing Auto Chart Live that creates 1' contour lines???????
    I haven't been to the lake yet, but I had the ZLC installed and cursored over to the lake where I found that my AC data was showing, but only on a 3' interval for anything. I did not see immediately the place to change from 3' to 1' in the Helix menu and just assumed that 3' was the extent of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    I haven't been to the lake yet, but I had the ZLC installed and cursored over to the lake where I found that my AC data was showing, but only on a 3' interval for anything. I did not see immediately the place to change from 3' to 1' in the Helix menu and just assumed that 3' was the extent of detail.
    You set the contour line interval that you want to view. That is in the HB Chart tab, AutoChart, AutoChart Options, Contour Intervals=default is 3'.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You set the contour line interval that you want to view. That is in the HB Chart tab, AutoChart, AutoChart Options, Contour Intervals=default is 3'.
    OK I'll get on it. Still hoping I can get the HD LM contours to show thru the PC software update. I'm on a 6800 acre reservoir and while I have many of my favorite spots charted out it sure would be nice to explore the ice with the detailed map.

Hoping to get out this weekend at some point but trying to get things lined up in controlled conditions.