Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Personally, I was set on buying a 2018 Phoenix and ended up in a new 2016 Ranger Z119. Why? Because I was able to get a better price on a new old stock boat. It had been sitting a while and they wanted to get rid of it.

Shop around and see what you can find on showroom floors that they are willing to move a bit on price.

If you can’t find something you like, the consider ordering. In my experience, the seats of Nitro are the first thing to go. But... they may have fixed that with the new seats. I fished a few tournaments out of a 2011 Z18 and I was quite impressed with it. The seats weren’t in the greatest shape and it had a few cracks here and there but I also know how it was used. Boat was 5 years old at the time and had over 500 hours on the motor so this guy used it a lot (considering we can only fish up here from May to November).

I fished against him last year and he is still very much enjoying the boat.

For bang for buck, you’ll probably have a hard time beating Nitro. But that doesn’t mean they will be thousands cheaper than a brand with a better reputation. People come on here and talk resale value a lot. It’s cheaper up front so you won’t get as much when you sell. But I’ve never bought a toy to make money or worry about resale so that’s up to you.

2. Member
    19 trx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123