52" Ultrex on 19'3" Intimidator

I currently have a Motorguide Great White with a 45" shaft on my 1993 19'3" Intimidator. I am getting ready to upgrade to an Ultrex. The Motorguide fits perfectly and does not obstruct opening my rod locker on the left side of the boat (I have it mounted at an angle on the bow, not straight down the centerline of the boat). I am debating going with a 52" Ultrex, but I don't want it to block access to my rod locker etc. As expensive as they are, I don't want to order something that I'm not happy with. I really don't fish tournaments anymore so I may not necessarily be fishing water with waves large enough to make a 45" shaft come out of the water....but you never know. Does anyone have any input on the 45" vs the 52" UltreUx mounted on a 19'3" Intmidator?

2. Member
    I would suggest the 45”, Gambler Sam had a 52” on his Outlaw and it was too big. If I can get an ultrex to fit in the tray I’ll be getting a 45”.

3. Member
    Thank you for the advice.

4. Member
    The brackets are much bigger on the longer shafts......only the 45 inch has a bracket that will fit our 19 footers.....I know as I tried. No Bueno on the longer shafts.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD