Prop Advice Needed Please

Thought I would try to get some information concerning my prop dilemma. While I understand the basics, it would really help to get a couple recommendations from someone other than a dealer. I’ve run a Tempest Plus 24p on a 07 Yamaha 150 VMax for the last 10 years. I walked out of the dealership with the 4 blade Yamaha 23p and the Tempest. They sold it to me for $100 and assured me it would outperform the 4 blade. They were right because the top end speed difference was significant and the 4 blade struggled to lift the boat enough to completely plane out. I’ve beaten that Tempest prop up repeatedly and had it reworked 3 or 4 times. I’ve always used the 4 blade when the Tempest was at the prop shop. Finally I decided to get a new Tempest 24p. . Today I went to the lake to test it for the first time. It ran 59mph at 6000rpm. As I trimmed down to 5900 I would lose a mph or two. Even when the old prop was new There was no remaining speed after 5700rpm. Sure I’d like to gain a couple MPH if possible and it seems like a 25p may be the correct choice. I know Yamaha says 5500 is the max recommended RPM so I should be able to run the 25p at 5700 or so if the 24p is turning 6000. Am I interpreting this data correctly? Hope shot is not going to be a problem. It’s a H18 Xpress. My water pressure is good. I know I could lower the motor and cut my RPM but if I could gain performance with a 25p prop I still have time to exchange. It’s an hour drive so I figured it would be wise to ask and possibly get some advice and maybe learn something before making a decision. Thank You to anyone willing to help me out.

2. Member
    Tempest are known for being different straight out of the box. And yes, going up a pitch is usually around 300rpms less and maybe a little speed. I wouldn't want to run that motor over wot long. You can always get your new one worked to a 25 with a little cup to get the rpm down

3. Member
    Oh. And post in the props forum. Much more knowledgeable guys over there than I am