Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We did a host tournament every year. You became a host by buying an ad in our tournament flyer. We usually would sell about $3500 in flyer advertising so the competition between the hosts became a big thing every year. The hosts would fish with an angler from the club as a team and they would win there ad money back and we would have a big lunch or bbq afterwards. A couple of years we did parent/child events so we could get the kiddos involved
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

2. Member
    Jack and Jill or under 16 for partners. Or do a Crappie tournament
    Have a crappie day

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it

3. robdy72
    Quote Originally Posted by cconn View Post
    I saw a local club here have a smallest stringer of 5 contest once.
    That's my kind of tournament.

Make the 6th tourney a two day two location place. Add $5 to the regular season tournaments to be paid out in the classic.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Were some more successful than others or was it about even?
    Spinnerbaits has most popular than jigs. there were a few that lost their bait and were done.

My club classic every year we fish 3 lakes in 2 days, 4 hours on each for highest total weight. We fish one lake from 7 to 11, stop at a nearby store for lunch and then fish the other lake from 1 to 5. It works out as the ramps are only about 15 minutes apart. Sunday we fish another lake from 7 to 11 and then go to a nice buffett afterswards on the clubs dime. It is a challenging format, about the time you get dialed in it is time to go.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

7. Member
    I like the idea of a crappie tournament. Then a big fish fry afterward. Our club has 2 night tourneys a year and they are always the lowest turnout. I wont be doing them anymore

8. huskyjerk
    How about a hog and gator paper tournament. Team touranment, 5 biggest bass, 5 biggest pike...

9. Banned
    Thanks for all the responses.
    We have a fairly big club (we averaged over 40 boats (teams) per tourney last year, so we will likely get 30-35 for a non-points.
    I like the MLF format, but how would you manage it for a local club level tournament?

10. Member
    $10/person big fish tournament, winner take all. Starts at sunrise and ends at noon for BBQ lunch.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    We have a fairly big club (we averaged over 40 boats (teams) per tourney last year, so we will likely get 30-35 for a non-points.
    I like the MLF format, but how would you manage it for a local club level tournament?
    Maybe a group text? I really don't know.

12. Member
    hollow body Frog only tourney

Straight cash, winner take all, 5 hour tournament.

14. Member
    If you have a lot of fairly close local waters, a wildcat. Meet at a designated "launch site", meet back at the site for a weight-in. Fish anywhere you like. Did a couple of tournaments like this in Louisiana. We ate the fish.

15. Member
    MLF offered a service where you could register your tournament and pay a per person fee to use their service. I have no idea how that works etc but it is / was offered. I think it allowed the same live updates etc.

There might be a limit to group text size. But I think there are apps you can download to get around that.

What axkiker said, or since these are team events, randomly pair the nonboater with a boater other than his partner. Then have each weigh and record the other’s catch. Of course, you’d need to have matching scales for each boat.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

17. Member
    Member guest

18. Member
    My club does a couple

1) We do a "no big motor" tournament once a month in conjunction with a local Kayak club. This gets local guys and kids who only have John boats, Kayaks, etc to participate. The local Kayak club oversees their weights etc through their picture/scale system. Boats with live wells bring them in. $10 per person entry...$5 for under 18.

2) We do a Mystery Tackle box tourney once a month. Open the box at the ramp and only fish with what comes in.

19. Banned
    Tag team tournament, you and a kid. You get one fish to weigh, and they can weigh up to four. Have a cookout afterwards, along with door prizes for the kids.

20. Member
    I fished a website tourney where we fish 3 different sessions for 2.5 hrs each, 3 fish limit on each session. We drew for a different partner at each session it was a lot of fun meeting different folks. Total combined weight form all 3 sessions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast