Banned

Kale gets an undeserved bad rap

The secret is to steam the kale for 45 seconds. Make a dressing with olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Add some sunflower seeds, raisens or dried cranberries. Mix it together and top with Feta cheese. Not only is it very good, but if you eat like that you could become a famous mountaineer like Tampa Jim.

2. kenny@bunchmarine
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    The secret is to steam the kale for 45 seconds. Make a dressing with olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Add some sunflower seeds, raisens or dried cranberries. Mix it together and top with Feta cheese. Not only is it very good, but if you eat like that you could become a famous mountaineer like Tampa Jim.
    I like to put kale on a cookie sheet with some olive oil and sea salt in the oven at 400* until crispy.

3. Member
    are ya'll crazy with that foo foo food got have bacon with it

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny@bunchmarine View Post
    I like to put kale on a cookie sheet with some olive oil and sea salt in the oven at 400* until crispy.
    Then, using a sustainably grown, rainforest safe organic bamboo spatula, scrape that stuff into the garbage disposal and find some real food!
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    are ya'll crazy with that foo foo food got have bacon with it
    It’s good stir fried in some bacon fat with the leavings and a little sugar. The secret is to steam it first.

6. kenny@bunchmarine
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Then, using a sustainably grown, rainforest safe organic bamboo spatula, scrape that stuff into the garbage disposal and find some real food!
    I'm definitely in love with bacon and grease but the kale is pretty good crispy and salty!!

7. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Kale needs to be washed really good and it needs to be cooked to become tender. I never will buy Kale.