Question LIVESCOPE -mounting transducer on a separate mounting pole VERSUS trolling Motor

What are folks finding with livescope mounting the transducer on a separate mounting pole versus the trolling motor?
    Reading it doesn't work great on trolling motor? Any truth? Anyone using on TM and its fine....?

2. Member
    I can see where under certain circumstances it might be advantages to have it on a separate stick. There is a crappie guide that did a video and in his case it absolutely works better on a separate stick. I think spot lock and the like would be the biggest issue. However, I've had mine on the shaft of the trolling motor for several months and have no desire to change. I may put one on the barrel before too long and see how it works.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

For me when specifically talking about bass boat applications, mounting on the trolling motor is the way to go. Sure, you have to point the trolling motor where you want to see, and this direction may not match the direction you are traveling. But, this process becomes very intuitive very quickly. That is, coming off the power for several seconds or more to point and see, then powering again in the desired direction. Same goes for spotlock. Been running Panoptix on an Ultrex for over a year. A scan around the boat only takes me several seconds, and in all but the strongest of winds/waves/current, several seconds off spotlock has little effect on your specific location.
    Garmin Pro Team

I have the transducer mounted on a separate stick besides the console, I love the fact that I can point the transducer in a different direction than where the TM is pointing.
    I don't fish for bass, I fish walleye and lake trout (jigging) so I often use the spot lock on the TM and it just would not work out for me if the transducer was on the TM.

IMO more options is always better.

5. Member
    If mounting on Ultrex TM what is best a shaft mount or a barrel mount?