GLX vs. Megabass Destroyer

For my jig/ worm bottom contact rod, what do you yall think?

2. Member
    Megabass has a slower taper and g loomis jwr rods are extra fast. I prefer the fast tapers of megabass. To me i hook and hold fish on better. So it depends on wich taper you perfer

Also depends on JDM Destroyers or US Destroyers.

4. Member
    Whats the difference in JDM vs US? Was going to buy from tackle trap.

5. Member
    If Megabass has solved the breakage issues they were having on the early Destroyers, they are nice. The FMJ is the best rod in the lineup

6. Member
    How long ago were they having breakage issues?

Quote Originally Posted by CAC29 View Post
    How long ago were they having breakage issues?
    There are no breakage issues. All of that info is tracked and the Destroyers have a pretty low breakage rate in regards to number of units sold. It's actually available by state and you can track trends etc as well with it. If you buy from a MB and had an issue it would be resolved quickly.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    There are no breakage issues. All of that info is tracked and the Destroyers have a pretty low breakage rate in regards to number of units sold. It's actually available by state and you can track trends etc as well with it. If you buy from a MB and had an issue it would be resolved quickly.
    Agreed Megabass has some of the best customer service in the biz I have quite a few US Destroyers and any issues I have had were quickly resolved.

To answer your original question I would go with the Destroyer for what your looking for either the FMJ or the Daemos would suite your needs if you want a more medium heavy power I would choose the Daemos something leaning more on the heavy side go with the FMJ. To put them in G.Loomis powers the Daemos would be similar to the 853 and the FMJ would be closer to the 854. Now the action is going to be a little slower with the Megabass rods as opposed to the G.Loomis counterparts but personally I prefer that for bottom contact baits.

9. Member
    Wow great info, thanks guys! Out of curiosity, are there any other rod manufactures that you'd recommend besides the two I've picked? So far it sounds like megabass has the win here over the GLX.

10. Member
    For bottom contact Nrx or destroyer man just personal preference at that point the only time I don’t use one of the two for bottom contact is punching I use 7’11’’ Expride I think it balances better than the longer destroyers and nrxs they can get a little too tip heavy because there such light rods

11. Member
    is FMJ similar to 844 glx then in power and taper?

Just throwing another option in the ring...but I have two rods that you may want to try depending on if you are leaning more towards a Texas rig or Jig. They will cost half as much as the GLX and Destroyer.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAC29 View Post
    Wow great info, thanks guys! Out of curiosity, are there any other rod manufactures that you'd recommend besides the two I've picked? So far it sounds like megabass has the win here over the GLX.
    The kistler h3 7'3 h id put in the same class of sensitivity as those two also if you wanted to save a little $$ they can be had for just over 200$ on sale

14. Member
    How about the new Dobyns Xtasy?

15. Member
    from what I've ben told, Dobyns doesnt have the same feel as the other rods when it comes to bottom contact baits. People seem to like them a lot more for moving baits. I dont know how true that is as i've never fished them but thats just what "they" tell me.

16. Member
    Consider buying a demo nrx from tackle trap- I’ve bought 2 and can’t tell any difference vs brand new one. NRX definitely step up vs glx