Thread: Moving to CO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moving to CO.

Moving to Pueblo in January. Will be looking to buy a boat when i get there and fishing tournaments.. hope to meet some of you.
    Not all churches have pews? Very few churches without pews have God.

2. Member
    Good luck with your move.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    We have an office in Pueblo, I used to fish Pueblo Reservoir, some giant smallies in there. I make it out there some for work. when you get a boat, keep in touch. Ill tag along LOL
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    First question is why...second question is why Pueblo?
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

I'll be moving to Buckley AFB this summer hope to be able to find a decent boat been searching now and not much for sale around there. Can't wait to catch some smallmouths after doing this ocean fishing in Key West. Hope to meet some folks that enjoy bass fishing and learn some new techniques. Mike

6. Member
    Denver Bassmasters is a pretty good club to get into. You'll find one eventually but there isn't many out here. Look in Kansas or Nebraska might have to drive as far as Kansas City but you'll find a good one.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112

7. Member
    My wife's sister lives in Pueblo west, my wife needs to be in a dry climate for health reasons, we can sell our house here and get all our debts paid off and start actually living. who knows maybe i'll fish a central open as a back seater some day. Also we are taking my mom with us and I want her to be able to live comfortably for the rest of her life. A house there that is 310 grand is half a million here in Washington, so we can get a nice place and still have affordable living.

8. Member
    Do any hiring out of pueblo?

9. Member
    Pueblo has a high drug,gang, and crime problem. I got a buddy that lives in PW and it doesn't seem too bad. Only bad part for me is it's colder then a SoB in the winter and pheonix hot in the summer. Pueblo lake is an ok fishery probably the best in Colorado. But there is a lot of little ones! If you can figure out how to catch keepers consistently in the summer you will win everything.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112

10. Member
    So there isn't much in the way of bass boats for sale in CO, though they do come up every now and then. I had to drive to TN to get mine because the couple available here were not worth the drive to look at.
    Pueblo isn't so bad to live in, I have family down there. There's parts of it that's bad, but that's all.
    As for clubs, I'm in the Denver Bassmasters myself and it's a fun group. But there's other clubs closer to Pueblo/CO Springs.

@Jacksonmj I live about 10 minutes from Buckley AFB and 5 minutes away from two of the better fisheries in the state...but they are both special regulations. One has nice fish but hand launch boats only, and the other is electric only, but has held the state record smallmouth for a while, as well as some good LMB, trout, walleye, perch
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

11. Member
    Pueblo isn't as bad as it used to be. In fact they have been working pretty hard at getting it cleaned up. Lots of activities throughout the year and a bunch of the downtown businesses and the riverwalk have been revitalized.
    We make a trip or two down to the reservior with the boat and camper every year and we usually always end up in town for some event with family I have in Pueblo West.

12. Member
    I'll be down there in a couple weeks my We bought a new home in Pueblo West, my wife is down there now getting things set up i am finishing things up here and looking for a job down there.. Hopefully we'll make enough on the sale of our home here to pay off all our debts and have enough left over for a moderately priced boat. maybe in the mid teens.

13. Member
    Right on Rob. I live in p west, pretty nice area and not stacked on each other yet. Lots of houses going up
    dont expect Canada fishing here that’s for sure.
    P res is decent, bass are rough overall minus the spots. Lmb are doing much better with higher water the last several years.
    lots of sun and lots of people moving here.

I’m the service director at Wilcoxson Gmc in Pueblo. It is growing every year. Lots of new stuff opening. Plus being by the lake is nice
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

I’m the service director at Wilcoxson Gmc in Pueblo. It is growing every year. Lots of new stuff opening. Plus being by the lake is nice

16. Member
    Many more bass boats around the Tulsa area if your looking to buy. I moved here from Wichita KS in May and the fishing is ok.... lots of small ones but I have figured out how to catch some quality fish. Fountain Valley Bass Club is who I chose to join and are a great bunch of guys. Happy to take you fishing sometime while your looking for a boat!

17. Member
    Muddy69 you know any of the Spanglers from Winfield?
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112

18. Member
    Made it to town! can't wait till my home back in Washington sells, gotta buy a truck then start looking for boats. Next step for Colorado should i do BASS of FLW??

19. Member
    Find a club all in Colorado are good. either fountain valley or Colorado springs. Either one has good fisherman. I'd fish the Colorado aba if I lived closer.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112

Rob Give Me a shout or pm when you get time. Are you looking for work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast