Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I’ve got a friend that just left Skeeter and bought an Eyra. I was kinda shocked though he’d asked me about my Bass Cat for a year or so. It’s an awesome boat for sure. I’m over north of Houston if you get over this way let me know. Wayne at Boatshop in San Antonio has a nice Eyra for sale and I’m sure he’d take you for a ride in it.
    So do I !!

Tongue folded, motor fully down. Estimating the clearance on each end but not more than 2” or so.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    I have a 23' garage and will be putting an Eyra in hopefully later this week. I measured with the old 250 pro XS and I came up with 22'6" and measured it several times. I'll see how much I have left once I get it in.

My numbers are with the back of the motor touching the wall, wheel chock in place, plastic piece off of trolling motor, using every inch I can.

5. Member
    I have a 23' garage with about 5-6 to spare.

6. Member
    Hey gang. Hope everyone enjoys the Super Bowl tonight. In answer to my question, I got to ride in a 2018 Eyra with a Mercury 250 PROXS this past Friday. Since it's the only 20 footer that will fit in my garage straight in, this will be my next boat.

With the motor trimmed all the way to exactly level to the prop at it's lowest point, and the trailer folded it measures exactly 22 feet and three inches. This includes the nose piece of an Ultrex that sticks out over the nose of the boat about 2 inches. Boat handled well and I love the design, but with a 26 pitch 4 blade on this particular boat with both gas tanks full, and two power poles, the hole shot was really slow. Took nearly 5.5 seconds to finally break over, and that was raising his Atlas hydraulic jack plate to a 9. Top end was around 78 mph.

I'm thinking if the live wells were full it would take an eternity to get that thing leveled off. Is this fairly common? I am looking for feed back from you guys that have a similar set up. My old Champion 202 with a 225 Merc "popped" out of the hole in about 3 seconds or less and top end of around 72 mph.

The propeller we would try is a 25” Fury. If the PVS plugs or vent ring are on the four blade, remove them one at a time.

8. Member
    With the motor trimmed all the way to exactly level to the prop at it's lowest point, and the trailer folded it measures exactly 22 feet and three inches. This includes the nose piece of an Ultrex that sticks out over the nose of the boat about 2 inches. Boat handled well and I love the design, but with a 26 pitch 4 blade on this particular boat with both gas tanks full, and two power poles, the hole shot was really slow. Took nearly 5.5 seconds to finally break over, and that was raising his Atlas hydraulic jack plate to a 9. Top end was around 78 mph.

I'm thinking if the live wells were full it would take an eternity to get that thing leveled off. Is this fairly common? I am looking for feed back from you guys that have a similar set up. My old Champion 202 with a 225 Merc "popped" out of the hole in about 3 seconds or less and top end of around 72 mph.[/QUOTE]

Fivebites - I have a 2017 Eyra with the same setup as the one you are looking at buying. I am running a Ronnie Gilbert worked 26P/3 blade Fury and that has improved my holeshot and top end a lot. But I still thought the holeshot could be better. So after talking with Ronnie I had (3) 5/16" holes drilled in the prop and that has made the biggest difference in holeshot performance. Saturday with full gas tanks, full livewells, tournament partner with tournament load I would guess that the holeshot is close to half of what it used to be. I start with the jackplate at 7 for best holeshot and as seen as it digs in I start lowering it and the difference is amazing. I will be able to run this same prop all year round and be happy. And you are gonna love the Eyra too.

9. Member
    You could always take out the drywall on the inside of the garage. and eliminate a stud, and have an extra 4" of space (3.5" stud & 1/2" drywall) This wouldnt disturb the other side (which sounds like it is an interior wall)

Quote Originally Posted by Texlacat View Post

I'm thinking if the live wells were full it would take an eternity to get that thing leveled off. Is this fairly common? I am looking for feed back from you guys that have a similar set up. My old Champion 202 with a 225 Merc "popped" out of the hole in about 3 seconds or less and top end of around 72 mph.

Fivebites - I have a 2017 Eyra with the same setup as the one you are looking at buying. I am running a Ronnie Gilbert worked 26P/3 blade Fury and that has improved my holeshot and top end a lot. But I still thought the holeshot could be better. So after talking with Ronnie I had (3) 5/16" holes drilled in the prop and that has made the biggest difference in holeshot performance. Saturday with full gas tanks, full livewells, tournament partner with tournament load I would guess that the holeshot is close to half of what it used to be. I start with the jackplate at 7 for best holeshot and as seen as it digs in I start lowering it and the difference is amazing. I will be able to run this same prop all year round and be happy. And you are gonna love the Eyra too.[/QUOTE]

I think I might have to send my Fury 3 26 off to Ronnie. I’ve only ran it one time, currently running my Bravo 1 XS which I really like but if the extra holes help the hole shot that much I’ll send mine over to him.

11. Member
    Scott - I highly recommend sending it to Ronnie. He does great work, stands behind his work, and does a pretty quick turnaround. When you talk to him live just tell him what you are wanting to get out of the prop and he will fix you up. The extra vent holes will make a difference too.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The propeller we would try is a 25” Fury. If the PVS plugs or vent ring are on the four blade, remove them one at a time.
    I run a 2017 Eyra / 250 ProXs, no poles but 4 batteries for a 36v T/M. 8" Atlas J/P and a 26P fury with "1" large PVS plug, gets on plane great and runs great.
    Last edited by Cbumpilori; 02-13-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12