Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by On top View Post
    Most of ya know it all

How do you know ?
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

2. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Don’t be agreeing with me, I think you’re a fool.

edit: because I don’t think the mods would have liked my first choice of wording for you.
    A trip inside my brain would send just about anyone to the funny farm. Looks like the OP is a HUGE fan of me now. Possible stalker? I haven't had one of those in years
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    If someone goes on a forum and or starts a thread looking for help or information and you can't offer any help or information, then maybe you should refrain from ANY comments (i'm being nice)

4. Member
    Leave it to Bbc. You buy 400-500 for a rain suit. 4-5years later you “expect” to get a new set. If it’s a fire Tex prob I can see that, but anything else seems crazy really I me. It lasted 5 years!!! Very few things you can buy to fast that last 5 years. Jmo

5. Member
    NOTHING surprises me anymore.

6. Member
    Buy a new one, that's my advice

7. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    If someone goes on a forum and or starts a thread looking for help or information and you can't offer any help or information, then maybe you should refrain from ANY comments (i'm being nice)
    Participating on this forum requires thick skin and a sense of humor.

And I guess the OP got told to pound sand by the nice people at Bass Pro. He sure didn't update us on how things went
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Participating on this forum requires thick skin and a sense of humor.

And I guess the OP got told to pound sand by the nice people at Bass Pro. He sure didn't update us on how things went

9. Member
    Regardless of warranty, high end rain gear should definatley last longer thatn a few years for what you had to pay for it. My guess is BPS will have no issue replacing your suit. If not, thet are quite a few competitors out there that I'd be taking a serious look at for my next purchase...

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by z385198 View Post
    Regardless of warranty, high end rain gear should definatley last longer thatn a few years for what you had to pay for it. My guess is BPS will have no issue replacing your suit. If not, thet are quite a few competitors out there that I'd be taking a serious look at for my next purchase...

Exactly, there’s no need for some of the BS answers that were given here.

Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Hey all, I have a set of the BPS 100mph rain suit. It works great, however, it doesn't seem to be holding up. My bibs are kinda falling apart and I had to glue some of the black patches back on. The suit is several years old but not something I wear every day. Anyone know if bass pro will repair or replace this?

thanks all
    Go to goretex.com. they do have a life time warranty and BPS will replace them as long as they are not damaged.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter dav View Post
    Go to goretex.com. they do have a life time warranty and BPS will replace them as long as they are not damaged.
    Goretex lifetime warranty does not cover but very specific items concerning the goretex fabric itself.

The following is copied from the Gore tex web site.

"The decision to repair, replace, refund or reject is made at the discretion of W.L. Gore & Associates based upon an examination of product condition and useful life at the time of return. The defect/s present must be related to waterproofness, windproofness or breathability."

13. Banned
    What's the general condition of the bibs???... When you're done wearing them do you just crumple them up and throw them in a box??? Just because you only wear them occasionally doesn't mean squat, it's how you take care of them also... Dan

14. Member
    Geez, why is everybody so angry?
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    Geez, why is everybody so angry?
    I do not think it is angry but the amount of I am special and deserve special treatment attitude that is exhibited so often in today's society.

This particular issue is the product has a stated 1YEAR warranty which according to the OP expired roughly 2-3 years ago.

But for some reason this person thinks because he paid xxx dollars that the stated warranty which was in place before he purchased the item should not apply to him and the company owes him some type of compensation on a product that the warranty ended years ago.

Many people just are tired of the I am special entitled attitudes that the rules and policies I had agreed too really do not apply to me.

That is my take on it. Regardless of what your momma may have told the little darling growing up he is not special to the rest of society although in their mind they think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post
    I do not think it is angry but the amount of I am special and deserve special treatment attitude that is exhibited so often in today's society.

This particular issue is the product has a stated 1YEAR warranty which according to the OP expired roughly 2-3 years ago.

But for some reason this person thinks because he paid xxx dollars that the stated warranty which was in place before he purchased the item should not apply to him and the company owes him some type of compensation on a product that the warranty ended years ago.

Many people just are tired of the I am special entitled attitudes that the rules and policies I had agreed too really do not apply to me.

That is my take on it. Regardless of what your momma may have told the little darling growing up he is not special to the rest of society although in their mind they think they are.
    Well said sir well said. Agree 100%.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z385198 View Post
    I understand your point about quality expectations of high end gear but when the attitude becomes “regardless of warranty” then what is the point of having a stated warranty at all? Should we all get to decide in the rear view mirror if the warranty that was on the gear was sufficient for our expectations?
    A lot of warranties are built on the idea that what will go wrong with a product will happen in the first year or two and most manufacturers will honor those without a problem. They even accrue for it from an accounting perspective. They can’t account for people who want extended warranties based on how they think a product should have performed.

18. Member

I'm not on one side or the other, I just think it's kinda funny that everybody gets so worked up over nothing.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    I'm not on one side or the other, I just think it's kinda funny that everybody gets so worked up over nothing.

Yep, the guy asked a simple question and instead of a simple answer....he gets lectured. Freaking BBC know it alls kill me.

20. Banned

I have been taken care of by many companies where the original factory warranty had expired. Case in point, dual pro chargers, am I special? Dual pro thinks so, they repaired my charger for free out of warranty. The fishing industry is small in my opinion, why not take care of your customers if you can. I'm guessing you think your that perfect human... walking around like your crap don't stink. This particular issue was simple, I asked what experience others had dealing with bass pro. Who cares if they are bibs, rods, Reels or tracker boats. How would they treat a customer who had an issue with a product that is exclusive to bass pro. Very simple actually. I'm not special I'm tired of companies taking advantage of consumers. But you must be the special one your money bags McGee.

Merry Christmas
    Last edited by jtracc; 12-25-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast