Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    I really want to start a organization to go after these lake association's and DNR but don't see how I'd get enough funding! I really stand behind the Millacs organization but it's for only one lake! Vern imo needs to be replaced but whith a group of guy's! We need to not only fight lake association's but educate them also the whole tournament rules need to be revamped way to many trails! I could go on and on!
    That would be awesome to have a group to counter the out-of-control lake association and the DNR. Lake spraying is high on my list for grievances. Agreed on the amount derbies on the lakes too. The fish get hammered on non-stop on lakes, especially those within 50-miles of the metro. Don't get me wrong, I'll still fish a tournament from time to time, but the constant bagging and weighing on fish definitely takes its toll on the fish populations. From big sanctioned events to five boat club deals it has an effect on the fish.

2. Member
    I'm all for an organized group to step up and fight against the lake associations and possibly the DNR to a point. However, you both mention restricting tournaments, which plays directly into the hands of both the lake associations and the DNR! Which organized groups do you think have the biggest beef with tournaments?????

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    I'm all for an organized group to step up and fight against the lake associations and possibly the DNR to a point. However, you both mention restricting tournaments, which plays directly into the hands of both the lake associations and the DNR! Which organized groups do you think have the biggest beef with tournaments?????
    Thats the problem the groups we'd have to fight are concise and focused. The anglers group could never keep on task and to many anglers see they way they do everything as the only way. Pretty sad it’s gotten this far but the time to fight this might have passed long ago. The title says it right “MN Regional” not Wright Regional because you guys will be seeing what it’s about very soon in my opinion.

4. Member
    I actually think this is going to fizzle out. Requires too much from the taxpayer general funding. I will however be contacting my commissioner to express my dissatisfaction with this program. If you live in Wright please send them a letter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12