Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MN Regional Inspection Stations

Looks like the pilot in Wright county is no longer a pilot. They are ramming this thru any way they can. They have 5 lakes they are adding to the Annandale station for 2019 and about 15 others they have in the crosshairs. Basically anything within 15 miles of the station is an option to them. From how I am seeing this go, other countys will be trying to jump on board soon. It will no longer just be a Wright county issue. Ottertail county was asking when they can start this in the last meeting I attended.

They have a meeting unconvienantly scheduled for tomorrow at 11am to discuss the additions and expanding of this plan. The days of running out for a quick hour or two after work will gone. Some of the lakes listed will have me driving an extra 30 miles to fish them.

Here is the link to the county site and the new proposal is called '2018 WRIP Report Draft'.

http://www.wrightswcd.org/Water_Management/wrip.html

2. Member
    Cant comply with the ordinance if you don't go to the lakes anymore...

3. Member
    You still can't convince me that this isn't just a ploy by the lake associations trying to regulate the usage of "their lakes".

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    You still can't convince me that this isn't just a ploy by the lake associations trying to regulate the usage of "their lakes".
    Exactly what it is. Problem is it is moving forward. Heidi Wolf is contact for MNDNR, they have to approve this. Write her and tell her you are against it. Should be onsite lake inspections only. Currently there are no exit inspections on these infected lakes. Sad thing is the county is following the lobbyist group Minnesota Lakes and Rivers Advocates like mice behind a fiddle. Jeff Forester(MLRA lake association lobbyist) is the one speaking at some of these meetings spewing his garbage. The county seems to be taking his word as gospel. If this isn't stopped in my county, it will be moving to your guys counties soon enough.

5. Member
    Dnr contact. She is at most of the County meetings. She is skeptical of their program, but they did approve pilot to see what happens with it, since nothing has been done like it in MN before.
    heidi.wolf@state.mn.us

Email sent. Let's flood her inbox. Only takes a minute.

Frick, also kills time on a Saturday morning as I'm driving over from ND. I hope this stalls out before it spreads
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    Here is the county contact to send letters too also. Kinda like pissing in the wind with them, but still good to send your letters to her also. I always do both I guess.
    Alicia.OHare@mn.nacdnet.net She leads all these meetings and this County effort.

I'm curious, is this something that BASS would get involved with or other bigger groups? Right now us little guys are just getting run over by the Associations and the group, Minnesota Lakes and Rivers Advocates. They have Jeff Forester who is a paid lobbyist for the Associations pushing for all this stuff. The boaters/fisher people really don't have this for working for us.

This is an interesting problem...totally agree with the people saying it's lake associations trying to keep people off "their" lakes. I have a friend that works in the DNR. I can say with quite a bit of certainty that most at the DNR absolutely HATE the direction this is going. The problem is they don't have any teeth to put a stop to it. It's a legislative issue - if the state would somehow say that the DNR has sole authority to regulate public waters, this all would stop. Now trying to get the legislature to move on something like that is going to be fun, but that's the way to stop this in my opinion.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

It's going to be a fight. Money talks and if you've spent any time at all on some of the bigger lakes in the state, you already know there's gobs of it tied up in lakeshore property.

11. Member
    "To offer our State Conservation Department, our organized moral and political support and encouragement, to promote full adherence to, and enforcement of existing conservation regulations."

https://www.mnbassnation.org/content...dule_id=276875

12. Member
    Wasn't Vern Wagner with the Federation leading a group fighting this last year? Pretty sure he'd step things up again if he hasn't already.

13. Member
    Wasn't Vern Wagner with the Federation leading a group fighting this last year? Pretty sure he'd step things up again if he hasn't already.
    Yes I believe he is staying involved with this. For those that use FB, seach on and join the group: wright count: annandale boat inspection, to keep track of info on this and info on who to contact and write your concerns to.

14. Member
    Here is the feed from yesterdays meeting. DNR and Sheriff speaks at 1:08. General comments start at 1:48. Another meeting will be held in January.

15. Moderator
    Ol' Vern has good intentions, but has a view that is against what I believe -- so be careful throwing your hat in his ring. He thinks most anglers want more regulation and penalties for AIS, which I whole-heartedly disagree with.

All this time and money we throw at trying to prevent AIS is pointless unless you can ban carpet bunk trailers altogether, and that will never happen. Time and money should be spent analyzing the effects of AIS (both positive and negative!) and managing lakes that have or will eventually have zeebs and milfoil, both of which significantly improve bass fishing. Lake Erie, Millacs, Minnetonka, Waconia... just a few prime examples.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    Ol' Vern has good intentions, but has a view that is against what I believe -- so be careful throwing your hat in his ring. He thinks most anglers want more regulation and penalties for AIS, which I whole-heartedly disagree with.
    Good to know!!!!

Did they have a centralized station near Minnetonka or was it at individual ramps around the area? Can't find any info online since it is 'off-season". Headed up there next August.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    Did they have a centralized station near Minnetonka or was it at individual ramps around the area? Can't find any info online since it is 'off-season". Headed up there next August.
    As of right now, Minnetonka is not in this regional program, everything was at the ramp. This program refers to specific lakes roughly an hour west of Tonka. But it looks like it will expand in the future so who knows things could change!

Thanks for the info.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

20. Member
    I really want to start a organization to go after these lake association's and DNR but don't see how I'd get enough funding! I really stand behind the Millacs organization but it's for only one lake! Vern imo needs to be replaced but whith a group of guy's! We need to not only fight lake association's but educate them also the whole tournament rules need to be revamped way to many trails! I could go on and on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast