Electric Razor users

What is the best electric razor for the money?

2. Member
    Back in the day when I used an electric I liked the Norelco triple header. Just keep it clean and it does a good job. (I have not used an electric in over ten years)

3. Member
    Norelco by far, & even have some for sensitive skin .

Norelco triple header.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    My Norelco from high school is what I still use. Whatever battery they have in that thing is what needs to be in everything . It is about 17 years old now, used daily, and 1 charge lasts for a few months.

6. Member
    My barber uses a Wahl foil razor. It really shaves close. I bought one and it shaves as close or closer than a blade.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

7. Member
    Have tried a bunch of electrics over the years and none were able to shave as close as a razor, especially on my neck and throat.

I've used Panasonic for many years and get a good shave. Have always shaved after a shower but discovered recently that I'll get a much closer shave if I shave before my shower.

9. Member
    I've tried several electric razors through the years along with just about every blade known to man from single edge to five blades.

The best electric razor I've used was a Braun. It shaved close but I never found a way to use it where it didn't irritate my skin and I tried all kinds of pre shave lotions and potions and powders. Still never as close as a good blade shave for me.

The best blade razor IMHO is the Schick Hydro 5. It's better than the Dollar Shave Club Executive, but more expensive. I get no irritation using blade razors.
    Hi Mike.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I've used Panasonic for many years and get a good shave. Have always shaved after a shower but discovered recently that I'll get a much closer shave if I shave before my shower.
    Same here. My Panasonic is at least 15-20 years old and still running strong. Have finally started looking around for something new. Not a fan of the foil shavers as they foil covering the blade on the one I had tore a bit and eat my face up.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

11. Member
    I have a Braun sereis 5 electric razor and am happy with it. I have had it since 07, and am just now replace the head on it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I shave dry. If there is any moisture even if it is just from a humid environment it ruins the closeness of the shave.

13. Member
    If you go norelco get one with the cleaning mechanism. I was amazed how big of a difference it makes cleaning the head once a week.

14. Member
    Braun foil for the win.

15. Member
    I had used a Norelco triple head for about 15 years, but recently switched to a Braun Series 5 after seeing what a Norelco replacement equal what I had was going to cost. I’ve used the Braun now for about 4 months and I am very impressed. It shaves me closer than my Norelco did and doesn’t pull or irritate my skin (not that my skin is that sensitive).

16. Member
    do like joe buck and dont shave

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

18. Member
    Norelco triple head for about 20 years, have a Braun and it does a good job, will buy a Norelco when this one hangs it up.

19. Member
    I have bought and tried them all. The Norelco is by far the best for me. Just be sure to clean it regularly.