Livescope on Terrova

Anyone running the Livescope transducer cable up the channel on a Terrova? I've seen some videos of traditional transducer cables being installed, but not the thicker livescope cable. I got one coming and not sure if the cable will fit without constantly rubbing and getting damaged. Trying to decide if I need to order an external setup.

2. Banned
    Livescope cable is too big. Besides it has 2 cables.

3. Member
    I'm thinking it's too big as well. Just ordered the Precision Sonar Cable Guard setup. Not worth risking any damage to the cable by jamming it in the channel and it getting pinched because it's too tight. Searched the internet for pictures and videos of someone that was successful and couldn't find any.

No way it will fit.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    No need to spend money on the aftermarket stuff. I came up with an easy fix for my Terrova when I had the Panoptix PS22 on it. I did the same thing with my Livescope transducer and it works perfectly. I used a black rod sock and cut an opening on the closed end. Run the transducer cable through the rod sock with the wider end at the bottom of the trolling motor shaft and the cut opening at the top. Secure the transducer cable and rod sock to the bottom of the shaft with a quality zip tie. Wrap the rod sock and cable semi-loosely four times around the shaft (Depending on shaft length) and secure it to the locking bar at the top with two zip ties. Use two zip ties running through each other, so the cable is not pinched. Run the rest of the length of rod sock to the plastic wire loom and then run your cable as you normally would. There is plenty of slack to make rotations with the trolling motor and I've found that the Terrova power cable will bind and cause the motor to reverse direction when in spot lock, well before the transducer cable ever gets too tight. The rod sock is slippery against the trolling motor shaft and prevents the cable from binding or catching on the shaft. The cable coils up nicely when the the tolling motor is stowed and doesn't get pinched or caught on anything. You will have to play with the number of wraps and tightness of the wraps to get it to stow properly. Looks OEM if you ask me and much better than some contraptions Ive seen people come up with to solve the issue. This works great on the Terrova. I've tried to upload photos, but the BBC message pops up saying the upload failed. I can email you pics if you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Here's a quick video of the set up.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory5129 View Post
    Here's a quick video of the set up.
    Thank you for posting the pics of your set up.

8. Member
    Looks great, thanks Cory

9. Member
    Thanks for posting. I did this (temporarily??) until I can figure out how I want to mount the Livescope independent of the trolling motor.