Thread: NC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    12" 8 mi. NW of Asheville

Cashiers NC between Franklin & Brevard reported 24" ....

Hats of to utility companies & NCDOT , very heavy wet snow and main roads in good shape plus no loss of power or internet...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaw62 View Post
    snowing again this am, looks to b about an inch extra. Power came back on thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeasy1 View Post
    I can see Wintergreen from my house and they have been making snow for a while now as it's been cold. We got 12" here yesterday.
    Fun place, kind of unique with the lodge at the top, skied there a couple times in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Fun place, kind of unique with the lodge at the top, skied there a couple times in the 70s.
    We live 15 min from Wintergreen. My wife loves to snowboard - so we go a few times a year. It's fun when there's fresh powder, but when that fake snow freezes it's not the best thing in the world to ski on.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Banned
    The rain has about washed it all away and with the temps above freezing it is going a way fast.

5. Member
    The fish are biting.

6. Member
    I had 7” piled up on my porch rails last night before it started raining but I went out to the cat house to feed the cats and the snow was over the top of my 8” work boots,I’d say 9-10” deep. That is flat ground,I doubt it blew in that much. We are getting snow and sleet this morning and it’s freezing on the ground. Still have power though so I’m not complaining.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I had 7” piled up on my porch rails last night before it started raining but I went out to the cat house to feed the cats and the snow was over the top of my 8” work boots,I’d say 9-10” deep. That is flat ground,I doubt it blew in that much. We are getting snow and sleet this morning and it’s freezing on the ground. Still have power though so I’m not complaining.
    Oops, wrong kind of cat house to be tracking tru snow

8. Member
    I am in Bryson city. No snow here at all. In Franklin where I live my wife said about 3 inches Saturday night.

We got 14" yesterday. Sun is out and melting fast now.

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Am I wrong or is it early for this amount of snowfall? In Florida we’be had 4 mornings in the 30’s already which doesn’t usually happen until January!

No im not saying the sky is falling, just wondering if this winter seems more hardcore than the last 10 years or so.

Hope everyone gets their power back on and stay safe!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    Waiting for the person that watches our house to let us know how it fared. My wife is nervous that a tree would come down on the house. We have some big ones on a steep hill behind the house and we usually have one drop during these big storms.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Am I wrong or is it early for this amount of snowfall? In Florida we’be had 4 mornings in the 30’s already which doesn’t usually happen until January!

No im not saying the sky is falling, just wondering if this winter seems more hardcore than the last 10 years or so.

You are correct. Very early in the year for us to get snow like this. I got around 10" at my house yesterday and it is still snowing today south of Greensboro. We have had a very wet fall and if the same weather patterns hold up thru winter we are going to get pounded on. I guess it global warming.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I-81 was clean as a whistle this morning from Roanoke north. Hats off to the VA DOT workers.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I-81 was clean as a whistle this morning from Roanoke north. Hats off to the VA DOT workers.
    They did do a great job with this one in Roanoke

15. Member

We had a decent snow last year around the same time. We had a December snow around 2010 and IMO was much worse than this one. It hit on a Friday and I40 & I26 were parking lots.

Had about 6" yesterday. Went to work this morning on a 2 hour delay and roads were mostly just wet. About the time I left the office to go on the road for the day it started snowing... probably got another 2 to 3" and roads were very slushy. By afternoon they started improving some. Tomorrow morning everything will be a skating rink, all that slush and standing water is going to freeze tonight.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

14 inches at Hyco Lake. Close to the NC, VA line.

All rain for us thank God!!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

19. Member
    Just started a few flurries here. Rained about all weekend.

We had about 7" last month in the 'burbs outside of Philly. It didn't last long. Last year we had early snow then nothing until March. Last year was La Nina and this year is El Nino.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast