Thread: New rod

New rod

Looking to get a new rod since everything seems to be on sale somewhere right now. I "need" a new jig rod (mainly 3/8-1/2oz) and have been shopping around. TW just put the Dobyns Sierras on sale for $120 (Sierra 734) and the MegaBass Levante is that price as well. I've also been looking at the FX Custom rods Xtreme Angler Gen 2 rods. Specs look amazing but I had never heard of them until a couple of days ago. Any one have any experience with any of these rods? I'm slowly replacing all of my old stuff and don't have much experience with the newer rods on the market. I've got 4 Daiwa Tatulas (the OG black and gold) that I like but since they aren't made anymore I was looking to move on to something else. Any suggestions?

Check the ALX Rods IKOS series - the Promise 73 is pretty popular jig rod.

Bottom contact rods I tend to spend more money on because sensitivity is really important to me. The jig rod I have been using for 3 years now is a Kistler KLX 7' 3" Heavy Mod-Fast. It can handle 3/8 and 1/2 oz jigs with ease. Had one of my best jig fishing days this year using this rod. It's on sale now for $199 with free shipping...and you get a bunch of free stuff with it.

http://www.kistlerrods.com/store/klx...l#.XA_hTGhKiUk

4. Member
    I picked up a used (excellent condition, couldn't really tell it was used) Dobyns Champion XP 734. I'll see how I like it. I can get my money back on it pretty easy if I don't like it. Both the ALX and Kistler look very good.