North fork Composites blank explanation

Could someone explain the break down on the nfc blanks.Been on their site and never owned a classic GLoomis rod so how the have their blanks listed is confusing. I plan to build some rods and would like any info on these blanks.

I see the xray is the top of the line: MB 736-1(X-ray lmx) is one I picked out for future build. I see on the drop down it’s 87” so is the first two numbers the rod length?

what is the pecking order of the blanks X-ray being the best.

HM,SM and IM is that High module,intermediate???

last question all rods ( Delta, Bass , classic etc...) have mb,sa,si,st,mb,p,sb etc... need explanation on these.

I am sure these are all stupid questions but would like to better understand the system. And the blanks I order will not be built until I get a few basic rods completed. I built a few rods about 30 + yrs ago and would like to get back into it.

I have called NFC several times only get voice mail, e mailed them and received a response apologizing for not answering the phone explained they were very busy and would have a sales rep call me no call as of yet and I understand.

Thanks for any input.

2. Member
    From top to bottom
    X Ray - 1st scrimless blank from NFC
    HM - High modules
    IM - Intermediate modules
    SM / Delta - Standard modules
    MB - Magbass
    SJ - Spin Jig
    P - Popping
    CB - Crankbait
    IS - Inshore
    Keep in mind that blanks don't care how they're built. Differences between models are typically in power and taper. The right blank for the job and task at hand, is simply the right blank.